Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 20 - Hummingbird 2 month group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-20-hummingbird-2-month-group-t293771.html)

sewbizgirl 01-03-2018 09:38 AM

That's a wonderful fabric, Cheesehead! I think I have some green and purple blenders to go with it. So much fun and movement in it.

I will be mailing my package today, too. So excited to begin!

For everyone with storms coming your way... please be safe, and I hope you have alternate sources of heat, should your power go out. I grew up in New England and had enough of the long, cold winters during my childhood. After graduating high school I sort of 'ran away' to Hawaii and stayed there for 12 years. Met and married hubby there and we moved to Louisiana (where he's from) and then soon after to Mississippi (where my parents were living). I wanted my kids to be able to know their grandparents... but the lack of extreme winters is wonderful. We can have extreme summers, tho! Today we have 25 degrees but it's a beautiful crisp, clear sunny day. It's beautiful outside, just cold. But we are blessed not to have had any precipitation with the cold, so don't have to deal with ice or snow. This cold can't last forever.

jaba 01-03-2018 10:06 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's a pic of my fabric for this group and an example of my "vision" for this Christmas quilt.[ATTACH=CONFIG]586499[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]586500[/ATTACH]I sent out the green print fabric.

terriamn 01-03-2018 11:38 AM

Cheesehead love your fabric, it’s a combination of all my favorite colors. And Happy Anniversary. The little girl is Stella, the youngest of my grandkids.

It’s a balmy 5 degrees here with no wind. A little dangerous getting out of the house for pleasure, the first time in 2 weeks. Think I am buying 2 new sewing machines. Upgrading my embroidery machine for sure and depending on how loud hubby screams might be replacing my everyday machine.

hav4boys 01-03-2018 11:52 AM

Gorgeous fabric everyone.

Mine are ready to mail and I forgot the package at home. Printed the label and will mail tomorrow.

It is a lovely 56 degrees here is Sacramento. You'll need to come visit.

Cheesehead 01-03-2018 12:49 PM

Just got back home from the post office. The post office here doesn't have the padded flat rate envelopes so mine may be shipped in a flat rate box or plain flat rate envelope. The cost of sending the box isn't a whole lot more so I may go that route.

After I left the post office I ran for a few things at Publix and treated myself to a filled cannoli.

Jan

Janice McC 01-03-2018 02:04 PM

So pretty! Bet they'll be beautiful blocks made from this one.

Originally Posted by Cheesehead (Post 7975555)
This is the fabric I have chose for this Boom.[ATTACH=CONFIG]586481[/ATTACH]

Janice McC 01-03-2018 02:11 PM

Quick FYI, the padded envelopes are supposedly only available online at usps.com. You can order them for free in sets of 10 and 15, I believe. Remember, you can ship in any tracked package you like but I'll generally use the padded ones for simplicity and safety.

Janice McC 01-03-2018 02:57 PM

They'll??? There'll be beautiful blocks. Some typos I can let go, not that one.

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 7975840)
So pretty! Bet they'll be beautiful blocks made from this one.

AnnieQuilts 01-03-2018 03:50 PM

Relax, Janice!

"They'll" is listed Wikipedia as a contraction for "they will"." Copy and paste didn't work.

Janice McC 01-03-2018 04:56 PM

A few people have not yet replied to my email. Please do. Also, five packages are on the way already. Five. Wow!

My typo was actually better! Funny.

Originally Posted by AnnieQuilts (Post 7975911)
Relax, Janice! "They'll" is listed Wikipedia as a contraction for "they will"." Copy and paste didn't work.