Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 20 - Hummingbird 2 month group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-20-hummingbird-2-month-group-t293771.html)

Libster 01-12-2018 11:06 AM

Terri, this stuff is rough. It just does not want to give up and go away. Take it easy and get plenty of rest. Lots of folk here are going into pneumonia. I have a niece in ICU with it right now. Scary, scary stuff.

ljdugas31 01-12-2018 11:31 AM

Libster praying your niece gets better soon. I know i have been ill for about a month just can't get back to 100%

Libster 01-12-2018 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by ljdugas31 (Post 7981526)
Libster praying your niece gets better soon. I know i have been ill for about a month just can't get back to 100%

I firmly believe in Listerine gargling at least twice a day and hand washing every time you touch someone sneezing or coughing. The sad part is that the flu shots are not helping this year. Now it seems there's a shortage of Tamiflu meds and IV bags at the hospitals. What's up with that??
On a brighter note- Joann's has all of their batting on sale for 50% off, no coupon needed. I got several packages of Warm & Natural today. Getting prepared for QAYG.

sewbizgirl 01-12-2018 12:38 PM

So sorry for you Boomers who are sick. Hope you all get well soon. Eat those dark, leafy greens and boost your B vitamins! I'm sitting here sipping a hot cup of echinacea tea. It's yummy!

Janice McC 01-12-2018 03:37 PM

Getting close! I've received from those in bold print. Those who have packages confirmed in transit are in italics.

Bibliostone
Bluelady
Bootsy
Cheesehead
Givio
Hav4Boys
Jaba
Janice McC

Joanelizbay
Libster
LJDugas

MonaG
NanaKathy55
QuilterMomma
Sewbizgirl
Terriamn

terriamn 01-12-2018 03:48 PM

Libster I am going out rarely, don’t want to get anyone else sick. I called to wish my dd happy Birthday, she said Mom are you sick again? Again no, still. She couldn’t believe it.

givio 01-12-2018 05:18 PM

Good news! Janice has my package! Now I'm looking forward to the return, and to sewing for you all!

I watched a PBS special about the common cold some years ago. They did experiments trying to get people sick, well, sort of, not trying, but to see what happened, and what they discovered was interesting.

A sick person covered her mouth, coughed into her hand, then used a public pay telephone, holding the receiver with her virus covered hand. (public pay telephone? Yes, the show was several years ago. lol) The next people to use the phone were tracked. The ones who didn't touch their nose and later washed their hands, stayed well. The ones who touched their nose before washing their hands got sick. The experiment was repeated several different ways, with different contaminated sources. People who touched their nose got sick, and those who didn't touch their nose didn't get sick.

Another experiment was a sick person kissing a well person. The contact with the mouth did not make the well person get sick.

I started never touching my nose when in public places. I carry tissues and a hankie all the time to be sure my fingers never go near my nose. I'm rarely sick. I go for years never missing a day of work. I told my sons not to touch their noses. Most of the time they remember. The grandchildren are too young to stop their little hands every time, and they get sick. But my sons and their wives don't get sick very often-- even when they have a houseful of drippy-nosed, coughing kids.

sewbizgirl 01-12-2018 06:51 PM

That's some really interesting info, Givio... :thumbup:

Bluelady 01-12-2018 08:51 PM

Opps.. I will get mine out tomorrow!

Janice McC 01-13-2018 07:14 AM

Givio, love your fabrics! I need a bit of clarification. You included a small solid in the packet I pulled in addition to your F8 but your instructions do not actually address it. You request multi-colored prints so is the solid a color suggestion or should it be used in the block in addition to prints? Help is appreciated. Thanks.