Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 20 - Hummingbird 2 month group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-20-hummingbird-2-month-group-t293771.html)

hav4boys 01-30-2018 08:34 AM

QM, one of those stars is fine. I am not particular. Crazy colors and bright (that is if you did not get the material for my mom, she does not like crazy like me)

Janice McC 01-30-2018 10:40 AM

FYI, we've had about 400 people go to the gallery to look at the pix this week. People who have visited twice or more are counted only once if they are on the same device. If they are on separate devices, it counts as different people. Just thought you should know others, besides us, are looking at your beautiful blocks. :)

Thank you to QuilterMomma for my wonderful block. I hope I've thanked everyone so far for making mine. I apologize if I've missed anyone. I'm very pleased with all of them!

QuilterMomma 01-30-2018 01:19 PM

Havrboys, I got the yellow fabric. Have been pondering and pondering. I may go and dig some more to see if I have larger pieces to play with. I love the variations of the Ohio Star. If I find some pieces large enough, then I may do something with that block. I could do a ribbon star or log cabin with what I have. Hmmmmmmm......

QuilterMomma 01-30-2018 01:20 PM

You are welcome Janice. I am doing the Angela Walters BAQ and that block just happen to be this month's to do. Since I was cutting and you gave me freedom of colors, it got into the mix. There are 32 hst in that block.

Janice McC 01-30-2018 02:14 PM

Funny you mentioned hsts... Just this morning I was chain piecing 28 hsts for one block but didn’t realize the bobbin ran out after only a few. Picked up the chain and it all fell apart. :(. That hasn’t happened in years. Oh, well. Only 3 more seams and it’ll be done. Libster, it’s yours. I’ll post it tonight. :). Hope you like it because I’ve sewn a lot of it twice! Lol.

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 7993815)
You are welcome Janice. I am doing the Angela Walters BAQ and that block just happen to be this month's to do. Since I was cutting and you gave me freedom of colors, it got into the mix. There are 32 hst in that block.

sewbizgirl 01-30-2018 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 7993835)
Funny you mentioned hsts... Just this morning I was chain piecing 28 hsts for one block but didn’t realize the bobbin ran out after only a few. Picked up the chain and it all fell apart. :(. That hasn’t happened in years. Oh, well. Only 3 more seams and it’ll be done. Libster, it’s yours. I’ll post it tonight. :). Hope you like it because I’ve sewn a lot of it twice! Lol.

Ugh... hate that the most! Machines ought to beep, or the light blink or something when the bobbin is near the end. Wouldn't that be awesome?

AnnieQuilts 01-30-2018 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7993914)
Ugh... hate that the most! Machines ought to beep, or the light blink or something when the bobbin is near the end. Wouldn't that be awesome?

Be careful what you wish for. One machine I had put up a warning screen and beeped when the bobbin was about half-full. You couldn't sew again until you put in a new full bobbin. The one I have now warns that the bobbin is low when there's about 10 - 12 inches left. But this one says you can keep sewing! :D

joanelizbay 01-30-2018 05:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finished this Christmas block for Jaba. I didnt sew the button down for the "flame" but its in with the block so be careful when you open it. Love your fabric! Now my sons got the flu...Im staying away from them for awhile..:(

terriamn 01-30-2018 05:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh Janice I hate that. Drives me crazy

Sewbiz this black is for you. It started out as an Amish Star but I wanted to add another color, then change the corners. Colors aren’t true, green isn’t yellish and blue match’s one of your blue paint samples

finished my packing for our vacation. It’s just an unthankful task, fill it up, empty it at hotel, fill it up to go home. Then wash everything and put it away again

[ATTACH=CONFIG]588106[/ATTACH]

Cheesehead 01-30-2018 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7993914)

I have a machine that will stop and beep when there is only about 6-12 inches left of bobbin thread, it's a dandy feature to have.