Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 20 - Hummingbird 2 month group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-20-hummingbird-2-month-group-t293771.html)

Cheesehead 02-04-2018 02:23 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I worked on a couple of blocks today.

For Bluelady[ATTACH=CONFIG]588450[/ATTACH]

For Terriamn[ATTACH=CONFIG]588451[/ATTACH]

For Janice[ATTACH=CONFIG]588452[/ATTACH]

sewbizgirl 02-04-2018 02:48 PM

They are beautiful, Cheese... esp. love Janice's watercolory one!

I think you may have a couple of HSTs turned in that block, tho. Take a look at the upper and lower corner blocks on the right side...

Kassaundra 02-04-2018 03:24 PM

This is beautiful, if you switched the swapped F8 for the places you have lighter colors in this block would there be enough? Or if you eliminated the outer focus fabric pieces and made those background too would that be enough?

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7996911)
Those are swell blocks, Joan. Yes, we've had COC requested, but not so much WOW. I only had one piece that was cream. I hope it's what people wanted when they asked for COC.

I'm done with my Hummingbirds, but here is one that I made for myself, to test out a pattern. I had scraps so I still don't know if this can be made with a F8 or would need a little more....

This is my Khanam's Surprise, from one of the 100 blocks magazines.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]588448[/ATTACH]

Look what my contrast is... light blue finches, like my orange finches for the Quail group! It matched perfectly.

Kassaundra 02-04-2018 03:25 PM

Cheesehead those are beautiful, I think sewbiz is right.

joanelizbay 02-04-2018 03:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Next to last done. This is for sewbiz. Got Hav4boys cut out but dont know if Ill get it sewn tonight. This group seemed to go fast. I havent opened the 3 month group yet.

sewbizgirl 02-04-2018 03:51 PM

My block is beautiful, Joan... thank you!

Kass, yes there are several options to make the F8 be enough for a Khanam's Surprise... but happily I didn't have to worry! I just cut one out in Libster's floral and there was just enough! Can't wait to see how it makes up.

After that I have only one more block left to make... :( boo hoo.

Janice McC 02-04-2018 04:46 PM

I was wondering when one of those with the blue green fabric would pop up. Yours was not a disappointment! Thank you, Cheesehead. It's so pretty.

Originally Posted by Cheesehead (Post 7996921)

For Janice
[ATTACH=CONFIG]588452[/ATTACH]

Joanelizbay, thank you for the beautiful block. :) Nice choice.

Originally Posted by joanelizbay (Post 7996796)
4 down 2 to go.Not sure if Ill get to them today. Have taxes to do for a couple of friends and mine (blah)...This swap has been a little different for me..hardly any wow's requested ..Two color blocks are harder to come up with I think.. Enjoy.
Bootsy, Givio, Janice and Mona G

Cheesehead 02-04-2018 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7996930)
They are beautiful, Cheese... esp. love Janice's watercolory one!

I think you may have a couple of HSTs turned in that block, tho. Take a look at the upper and lower corner blocks on the right side...

Oh crap! You are right...bummer:( I will work on the corrections tomorrow.

sewbizgirl 02-04-2018 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 7996993)
I was wondering when one of those with the blue green fabric would pop up. Yours was not a disappointment! Thank you, Cheesehead. It's so pretty. .

I wish I got some of that fabric to play with. :hunf:

:D :D :D :D

Janice McC 02-05-2018 04:01 AM

Cheese, I didn’t even notice it. It’s perfectly ok with me if you leave it as is. :)

Originally Posted by Cheesehead (Post 7996997)
Oh crap! You are right...bummer:( I will work on the corrections tomorrow.