Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 23 - Early Birds 2 month group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-23-early-birds-2-month-group-t305868.html)

Queenbarbiej 08-06-2019 07:46 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Macybaby on this block, which center do you like better? [ATTACH=CONFIG]615779[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]615780[/ATTACH]

Janice McC 08-07-2019 02:40 AM

A swapper has asked whether or not she may make "bonus blocks" for someone. Everyone is obligated to make one single block using a good portion of a person's f8. The goal is not to make as many blocks as possible from an f8. However, if you've made a block for someone and have enough left over for another block you wish to give the owner, feel free. Just please keep in mind that shipping packages have a limit as to the number of blocks they will hold. I use the padded envelopes and for those in both groups with combined shipping, it's already a tight squeeze. So everyone, please don't go overboard with the "bonus" blocks. Thanks!

hav4boys 08-07-2019 07:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This morning's creation for Terriamn.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]615791[/ATTACH]

Macybaby 08-07-2019 08:27 AM

Queen - I like the light center better - but either would work.

I'm so looking forward to getting a start this weekend. I'm taking tomorrow off work so DH and I can go to the Sioux Empire Fair. Though we've lived in SD for 16 years, this will be the first time we make it to that fair. But then this spring was the first time we made it to the Bad Lands and Rushmore since we've lived her too!

terriamn 08-07-2019 09:49 AM

Hav love my block, it is adorable. Thank you

Macybaby, 3 years ago was my first time visiting Mt. Rushmore. Can’t Believe something that beautiful was only a 10 hour drive away. In October we are going to visit Zion Nat’l Park for a day

Janice McC 08-08-2019 01:32 AM

Our first bunny block!

Originally Posted by hav4boys (Post 8286106)

Janice McC 08-08-2019 02:04 AM

Good morning, Early birds. I'm having a lot of trouble with the gallery this morning so bear with me. Pix either aren't posting at all or they are posting oddly, against the rules I designed for them. Since this is a new development, I suppose it's a Weebly issue. I'll try again later.

moonrise 08-08-2019 02:20 AM

Got my fabrics matched up and washed for all the F8s. As soon as I get up this evening (I sleep days), I've got to finish up a few things for Saturday's craft fair, then hopefully I'll have a few minutes of free time to make a block or two. :)

I normally don't start my craft fairs this early, but with DH's finger vs. table saw injury (and the outrageous ER/surgery/hospital bills that followed), I didn't have much of a choice. I seriously need to learn to sew fingers instead of fabric. It obviously pays a whole lot more! :shock: :D

On the good side, the results of the surgery were actually better than the surgeon's "best case" scenario. The doctor said that the "worst case" scenario would be that DH would lose the end of his finger. "Best case" would be that the finger would be fixable, but that the fingernail would never grow back.

In the end, DH was able to keep his finger, and the fingernail actually started growing back about 3 weeks after surgery. The nail is shaped funny, and like the (very surprised) surgeon said, "It won't win any beauty contests", but any fingernail is better than none at all. :)

DH really, really got lucky. <3

(P.S. I would post a photo, but it's waaaaayyy too graphic! LOL!)

Libster 08-08-2019 02:27 AM

Moonrise, I'm sure glad to hear that your DH's finger is far exceeding his doctor's expectations.

Lstew2212 08-08-2019 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by hav4boys (Post 8285405)
The block fabric is out for delivery and it is my day off. Yeah.

Finished this top last night, just in time.[ATTACH=CONFIG]615667[/ATTACH]

Beautiful quilt top.

Originally Posted by hav4boys (Post 8285648)
I received my package and have had a great day with it.

First 3 are for Mona.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]615736[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]615737[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]615738[/ATTACH]
Two for Libster
[ATTACH=CONFIG]615740[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]615739[/ATTACH]
And one for Moonrise. I thought the simple design will be great for a bag. I will enclose the extra fabric for a pocket or two.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]615741[/ATTACH]

I am so excited, I am loving the blocks so far.

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 8285746)
Quick request when taking pix so that everyone can see your work better. Please try to take them face on rather than at an angle. I have an 18x18 inch piece of cardboard that I covered with an old piece of flannel, taping the edges to hold it in place. Anyway, I can smooth my blocks out and stand it up virtually vertically on a cabinet or dresser or whatever, leaning against the wall, and the block will not slip off. Super easy to use and takes 3 minutes to make and I can take it down when done. You could even pin the blocks to a pillow or cushion and do the same.

Will reopen the gallery when I get home now that we've got some pix to share. Thanks.

This is such a great idea. one I will definitely use. It will also take the shadow out of the equation when photographing the blocks.

Originally Posted by hav4boys (Post 8286106)

absolutely cute bunny