Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 23 - Early Birds 2 month group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-23-early-birds-2-month-group-t305868.html)

Mona G 07-26-2019 09:41 AM

Yes, one color blocks.

terriamn 07-26-2019 11:26 AM

Fun, Mona I have fabric set aside to do this exact same thing. I loved how Traveling Grandma’s turned out when she sent out a similar request

Janice McC 07-26-2019 02:48 PM

Mona G, that sounds fun. I look forward to seeing your fabric. Today I’m QAYG with wide sashings. The blocks are quilted so I’m on the short between-the-blocks sashings. I’ve done a couple of quilts this way and each time it gets easier with better results. I hope you’ll like the process. I love it because it opens up the option to quilt a piece I would normally send to the LA.

Libster 07-26-2019 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 8281500)
Mona G, that sounds fun. I look forward to seeing your fabric. Today I’m QAYG with wide sashings. The blocks are quilted so I’m on the short between-the-blocks sashings. I’ve done a couple of quilts this way and each time it gets easier with better results. I hope you’ll like the process. I love it because it opens up the option to quilt a piece I would normally send to the LA.

Janice, don't you love it though?! I actually enjoy the quilting part too now.

ibex94 07-26-2019 05:19 PM

Loving the fabric choices and hearing all the great cooking news from everyone. Have a great boom! This lurker is cheering you on! Now if I could just finish my Boom quilts so I can join in again...

Janice McC 07-29-2019 04:53 AM

Tomorrow, I'll post a list of packages received. I'm expecting 6 more today. :)

Ibex94, when you do finish them, be sure to post pix for us! :)

Originally Posted by ibex94 (Post 8281535)
Loving the fabric choices and hearing all the great cooking news from everyone. Have a great boom! This lurker is cheering you on! Now if I could just finish my Boom quilts so I can join in again...

Macybaby 07-29-2019 05:07 AM

I'm looking forward to working on the blocks - I've been in a bit of a piecing "rut" for a while. Though I have gotten almost caught up on quilting my tops, and I'm having fun with the embroidery machine.

GramE 07-29-2019 07:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
After 2 days of straightening and cleaning the sewing room, it was very inviting this morning. Now just need to sew on the last round by hand this evening. I included a small piece of this blue in my packets but if you only need 2 colors the main fabric and white is fine. While I was waiting on my envelopes to mail my fabric, I got a text from my sister saying she had moved. So I thought this quilt should be for her, and blue is her color. I might do another of this with the focus fabric around the edge. The blue and the white seem more prominent in this one.

wow that pic looks large, I need to check my settings.

Libster 07-29-2019 07:36 AM

Gorgeous block, GramE!

QuiltnNan 07-29-2019 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by GramE (Post 8282502)
...wow that pic looks large, I need to check my settings.

Really, don't worry about the pic being big. Those of us who may not have the best vision love them this size.