Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 23 - Early Birds 2 month group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-23-early-birds-2-month-group-t305868.html)

Queenbarbiej 08-29-2019 05:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a bonus block for Hav4boys. I hope this works for you.

sewbizgirl 08-29-2019 07:17 AM

Pretty blocks, Terri and QB! I love that one for Moonrise, Terri.

hav4boys 08-29-2019 07:22 AM

Love the block QBJ. Much appreciated.

Janice McC 08-29-2019 11:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Terriamn, here's mine for you. I liked the idea of the bunnies hopping all around the block. And after all the talking about color requests, I almost didn't add the wow you requested along with the light grey. Caught it just in time! I hope this will work for you. Your fabric will make a wonderful quilt for any child!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616802[/ATTACH]

terriamn 08-29-2019 01:45 PM

Thanks Janice for the hopping around the block of bunnies. Light gray was fine alone I just added minimal white if someone needed a third color. Thank you for double checking my color requests.

GramE 08-29-2019 02:44 PM

Lovely bunny block Janice.

sewbizgirl 08-29-2019 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 8295381)
Terriamn, here's mine for you. I liked the idea of the bunnies hopping all around the block. And after all the talking about color requests, I almost didn't add the wow you requested along with the light grey. Caught it just in time! I hope this will work for you. Your fabric will make a wonderful quilt for any child!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616802[/ATTACH]

Pretty block, Janice. It was very effective using the focus fabric for the background. Love the bit of 'sparkle' the two white hsts add.

moonrise 08-29-2019 07:31 PM

I love love love my blocks! Thanks so much! <3

Wow, it's been a rough week for some of us! Add me to the list of "boo boos". :(

My right shoulder has been bothering me for awhile, but this week it's been absolutely screaming at me. I suspect it's tendinitis or a rotator cuff problem, but I'm too stubborn to go to the doctor. I'm just trying to deal with it as best I can.

On top of that, my beloved sewing machine started making a gosh-awful screeching sound that's worse than fingernails-on-a-chalkboard. Whew! DH took it apart and thinks it's the rotating thingy that the bobbin case sits in. Without telling me ahead of time, he oiled it. The manual says specifically not to! :hunf: But the screeching stopped. I've been too afraid to use it, though, for fear of tearing it up worse. I dragged out my $100-Walmart-Special backup sewing machine that works, but it only has the most basic of functions. I feel like I'm trying to color in a detailed grown-up coloring book with those big chunky kindergarten crayons. Accuracy? Who needs it? (ha) And it sounds like a helicopter. LOL! But at least it sews ... if not clumsily ... right? :p

Needless to say, between my shoulder and the sewing machine mess, I haven't gotten a single swap block made so far this week, and very little made for my craft fairs.

I'll get 'em done, though. One way or another. :)

Where's that bubble wrap suit? ;)

moonrise 08-29-2019 11:00 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I managed to get three done. :)

Two for Libster. The first is a mottled red, and I based it on an Indian Star pattern from Quilter's Cache. I changed the center a little since the original pattern was for a 3-color block, and I wanted it to look like an exploding star. I didn't see many red blocks on the gallery page, so I thought I'd make one. (It really is red ... just in case it looks pinkish in the picture.) :) The second one is a Next Door Neighbor block, also from Quilter's Cache, with a border added to it. I used the same fabric that you sent, only in a blue colorway. :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616828[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616829[/ATTACH]

And one for MonaG. That's actually a chocolate-y brown color that matches the swirlies in the F8. The colors look a little wonky on my screen for some reason. The gold metallic highlights in the F8 really shine in the picture. LOL!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616830[/ATTACH]

Sorry for the lousy pics. It's 3am, and these are cell phone pics, so the lighting and quality aren't the greatest. :p

sewbizgirl 08-30-2019 01:41 AM

Those are beautiful blocks, Moon... Love that red star. It’s so striking!

I’m up due to sinus infection and I thought if anyone would be posting in the middle of the night, it would be you... and there you were! Thanks for the eye candy.