Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-friendship-swap-1-0-sign-ups-closed-need-help-identifying-two-fabrics-09-27-10-a-t32780.html)

cjt_mama 04-20-2010 07:56 AM

Woohoo.. Some of them are making their way home :) I figured I could send the f8 for 2.0 and the 1.0 boomerang together, though it didn't sabe on postage, but did alleviate the addressing of two envelopes! lol More to mail tomm :) Its pouring rain here today, and baby is sick with a cold :( But more time to sew!

MadQuilter 04-20-2010 10:03 AM

I got two in - one from April and the other from Canada (Sandy P). Both are very pretty. It is so interesting to see how everyone interprets the fabric differently. I do not have a duplicate in the bunch.

For my part, April's was the last set to be finished and they are on their way. (Wipes brow with great relief!)

KBunn 04-20-2010 10:46 AM

buddy'smom your block came back to me. No real explaination...envelope all ripped up but no damage to the block itself. So it will be back on it's way to you in the morning.

I have not recieved blocks from

MoodyKim
thequilteddove
anitariddle
barbsbus
bluribbontoes
bobbinwinder
cjt_mama

No stress if they are not on their way but after seeing how buddy'smom block was sent back to me I got worried that the postal gremlins may have gotten others.

MoodyKim 04-20-2010 01:01 PM

Hi everyone, I am so very sorry I got very sick so I am behind on my blocks I will get them out ASAP! :oops: Kim

KBunn 04-20-2010 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by MoodyKim
Hi everyone, I am so very sorry I got very sick so I am behind on my blocks I will get them out ASAP! :oops: Kim

No problem.....just feel better. I was just worrying after seeing some mail disasters lately. Hope you are well now.

Bobbinwinder 04-20-2010 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
very pretty . . . any idea the name of the block from bobbinwinder? I don't recognize that one, but I really like the layout.

Most of my blocks won't have names, at least no name that I'm aware of, sew cornie. I just "build" something to 12.5" and hope that someone besides me will like it. That block has a technique for the center square that I really like to do...It came from a quilt pattern called "I Can't Believe It's a Beginner". Thank you for your interest.

Ladies, thank you all so much for all your work...I've received blocks from everyone but two. Looks like I may be the slowest of all of us...and, yes, I am still working on them...you will all get your block from me...remember, late is better than never....again, I apologize for any inconvenience.

Two more done and going out tomorrow.

KBunn
SaraSewing

MoodyKim 04-21-2010 04:44 AM

I have been very sick for the last 3 weeks with the flu. I am doing good now. I got blocks from
mgrhs
Sewspecial
colletakay
Gigix12
montanaquilter
OdessaQuilts
Lovingizabella
Kbunn
Bobbinwinder
They are all GREAT and I love them! So Sorry it took me so long to let you know I have them. I will post pics as soon as I can get them taken and resized.
Kim:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

MoodyKim 04-21-2010 04:54 AM

To everyone I owe a block to, I am working on them and will get them done and mailed ASAP thats the good news the bad news is I am new to quilting and I am slow at making blocks.
I am SO VERY SORRY and I will not work on anything else until all my Boomerang blocks are mailed! :oops: :oops: :oops:

OdessaQuilts 04-21-2010 05:35 AM

MoodyKim, don't worry ... we all know how LIFE has a tendency of getting in the way of the important things, like our quilting! Actually, if you've been that sick, you do have a reason for not being finished. Take your time and enjoy the process; don't risk a setback with your health. Rest when you need to. Sew when you can. We all understand.

Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Odessa

ispy 04-21-2010 05:49 AM

I am so excited, I can't wait ubtil Fri to do a weekly update. In the past two days I received four more blocks!!!!L Bunn, Sandy, April, Vicki sent wonderful blocks. I love them all, Thank you so much. My next door neighbor (83 yr old male) was over, he was so impressed. He proclaimed that each of you are a very talented artist. I agree with him.
When I get the last five the boys and I are going to have with drawal pains. May be I can bring them down by mailing them a f4 each for a few weeks.lol. Thanks again ladies. Marie