Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Christmas Ornament Swap 2014 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/christmas-ornament-swap-2014-a-t255220.html)

Patchesnposies 11-06-2014 03:58 PM

Cindy, I got my package today. Do I really have to wait to open it? Do we have an official day and time set?

PenniF 11-06-2014 05:03 PM

We have the day - December 6 - but i don't think we set a time.

Cindy?????

roseirish48 11-06-2014 05:07 PM

no ornaments in my mailbox yet. have to finish the backs of the ones i am making. i also x-stitched some bands to sew to some hand towels as a Xmas gift. I bought the towels as part of a kit i bought for $1.99 at second hand(thrift) shop. i figured nice gift for my son troy's girl friend without spending arm and leg. But the areas on the towels that are meant to be x-stitched is not really AIda cloth quality--more like a mesh and even if I did the x-stitch with 3 strands as stated in directions , it would not fill the area or look right. so I did the x-stitch design on a cream Aida 14-count to match the towels and will sew them to the towels covering the mesh bands and add some Xmas fabric on the back. Considering fingertip size towels to x-stitch run close to $6-8 each, i figure I have saved close to $20 on this git alone.

roseirish48 11-06-2014 05:10 PM

news story yesterday involved new twist on stealing. hidden camera caught a guy coming up on a porch, grabbing a package that had been just delivered and taking off with said package in his car. Guess the Grinch has moved from Whoville to Minneapolis.

mdall 11-06-2014 05:49 PM

Good evening my little ornament making friends. I was going to say crazies but figured surely not all of the are crazy or are you? Anyway, been off a couple days to take care of some seriously needed cleaning to get ready for that tree going up in a few weeks. Figured I get it done now before basketball starts since things will go nuts again then. So, how has everyone been? Good I hope.

We still have no winner for the reindeer games so you guessed it, time for another clue. We have had so many guesses that range from the OB to Funeral Director. So here is the clue.

I dont necessarily focus on one thing in medicine, I must know a little about it all in order to do my job. Remember I am not a Doctor or Nurse.

Ill give it another couple of days and then another clue. Surely we are not gonna go the entire swap without a winner.

klaws 11-06-2014 06:29 PM

What about a pharmacist?

mdall 11-06-2014 08:46 PM

PenniF, there has been no time set as of yet. Was waiting to see if anyone suggested a time that worked for everyone. So, I will do the same for the time as we did for the date. I will suggest a few times and then the time that suits the majority will be it. So lets see, the 6th is a Sat. I am on the East Coast and that leaves people on the West Coast I believe 4 hours behind me so lets go for either 2P.M., 4P.M., or 6P.M. Everyone please choose a time that would best suit you and like I said the majority votes will set the time. For those that are International you can be a night owl if you wish or opening the day before us or after which ever one is best for you. Most of us will be on here for a few days after the opening anyway still partying in the hole.

Since we are doing business, please again do not forget to PM me when you mail and receive. I am marking things off as I get the message to keep up. I am wanting to make sure that everyone has a package before the opening date. This just saves time in keeping track. Thanks.

Cindy60545 11-07-2014 12:28 AM

mdall, I forgot to PM you about sending, but as you can see, Patchesnposies has received hers.
Time on the 6th? I have no preference. Right now I have nothing on the calendar except this so any time is good for me. Being retired & no one around leaves me with my own schedule. By the way, east coast time versus west coast time is a 3 hour difference. Whatever the rest of you decide will be fine.

kiffie2413 11-07-2014 02:28 AM

Oops,
I forgot to pm that I sent already, too... Thanks for the reminder.
Kif

ctyankee 11-07-2014 04:42 AM

6 p.m. EDT