Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/elisabrats-winter-frolic-tablerunner-table-mat-swap-sign-ups-close-oct-10th-t231422.html)

jaba 10-04-2013 06:43 AM

3 Attachment(s)
These pics just for you Kiffee. Part of the back yard, the shrubs around my koi pond and this is a big pine tree out my kitchen window. All those branches are so loaded they are laying on the ground. Over a foot of snow and it's a whole 15 degrees. Suppose to snow all day until midnight tonight. No Montana doctor trip for me today[ATTACH=CONFIG]439650[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]439651[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]439652[/ATTACH]

mom-6 10-04-2013 11:06 AM

Wow! Beautiful snow pics!
lAnd we're supposed to be over 90 this afternoon. Then cool front over the weekend dropping overnight low into the 50s and daytime in the 70s. I'm sure we will be back in the 80s by midweek tho.

kiffie2413 10-04-2013 01:11 PM

Oh Jaba!!! I don't know whether to send you a big cyber hug...or tell you now I really am longing for snow... So I will do both! Those pics are breathtaking! Probably takes your breath being out in the cold, too...
I am going to re-look at those pics again...and drink my iced cola with our almost 80 degree high sunny day shining outside my door.
Guess the old saying "Grass is greener" (or snow whiter) really is true ;)
Kif- singing a lil Jingle Bells

kiffie2413 10-04-2013 01:13 PM

Brat,
Sending you some "dh making it to work safely vibes".
Kif

jaba 10-04-2013 03:51 PM

Hubby has just been shoveling all day, it has melted some though. Still very cold. I'm dreaming of your warm weather would be so so nice. I might have a cold cola but I certainly added something to it today.....think while I was sewing I was singing jingle bells rock or at least my version of it:thumbup: Gees, better check those seams tomorrow and see how I did:D

kiffie2413 10-04-2013 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 6330851)
Hubby has just been shoveling all day, it has melted some though. Still very cold. I'm dreaming of your warm weather would be so so nice. I might have a cold cola but I certainly added something to it today.....think while I was sewing I was singing jingle bells rock or at least my version of it:thumbup: Gees, better check those seams tomorrow and see how I did:D

Do you mean jingle bells on the rocks? With a twist of lime?? ;)
K

Elisabrat 10-04-2013 08:19 PM

While I do not miss the 80's I live right down the road from Jaba and my yard is a ditto on her yard. only diff is we do not have shrubs around the house we just have 3 feet of snow drifts there. warmer today so maybe it will magically be gone tomorrow so I can forestall on that Christmas music a bit longer. I love the holidays and well a good hot toddy sounds pretty good right now. its cold! when I head out tomorrow it should be a balmy low 20 I think at 6 in the morning. oh just yippy yeah! Thanks Skaduzy!

jaba 10-05-2013 06:48 AM

The jingle bells rocked and the splash of lime wasn't bad either! Nice and toasty with the fireplace going, sewed tablerunners all day. Got on a roll I guess, 2 Christmas, 1 fall and have one cut for Valentine's. Need to quilt them and bind but the binding is ready to sew on. I'll be ready for any partner's wants I think. Just have to hide them when the kids are here in a few days. Hope all our snow melts Brat.....not ready for this cold yet.

Likethedog 10-06-2013 02:57 PM

OK, I'm officially signing up. I sent a PM to Elizabrat. I just hope the only snow I see is either in photos on this thread or printed on fabric.

Elisabrat 10-06-2013 03:34 PM

welcome likethedog! everyone she is new just this year to quilting and I think this is best group to get her used to swapping, quilting and well the board! I told her to ask away any questions she might have and we would gladly help her so go ahead give her a bandwagon welcome please! and oh break her in slowly to our lively chats. ok not that slow she seems like she can hang with us just fine :)