Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/elisabrats-winter-frolic-tablerunner-table-mat-swap-sign-ups-close-oct-10th-t231422.html)

jaba 10-06-2013 04:59 PM

Well in Oregon you could have some snow, but will give you a heads up that it is melting today. Praise the sun gods for this one and so glad you are joining our little parade.....

kiffie2413 10-06-2013 07:30 PM

Yay! A newbie..glad to have you join in, Likethedog! We're all "nice folks" I think..sometimes a lil "toony" maybe, but still nice. Or I should speak for myself and say I can be a tad "toony" ;).
Kif

DustysMomma 10-07-2013 03:51 AM

It's always nice to meet new swappers! Welcome to our madness! :D

Oh goodness, Jaba is working on my runner already! :) (She said valentines! Hint hint Brat!)

jaba 10-07-2013 05:08 AM

Sewed yesterday and started putting a package together for the Secret Santa swap. Today I better clean up my mess, clean out a drawer and hide these table runners from my kids or I'll have to start all over again. That would be a shame....:D Need to get a quilt off the long arm as dear grand daughter is bringing one with her that she wants to quilt. So much to do and not enough time.

mom-6 10-07-2013 05:31 AM

Welcome Likethedog! This is a fun bunch, always ready to help if needed.
And yes I'm going to to go ahead and join you again. Couldn't stay away!

Elisabrat 10-07-2013 06:12 AM

YIPPEE Mom-6!!! and another one comes and another one comes and another one signnns upp! (sing it with me ya'all).. I knew you couldn't resist the marvelous charm of all us chatters , I mean quilters! We needed your colorful comments and ideas. so if Mom-6 joined and all the others.. WHY ARENT YOU??? This is such a cool swap you definitely need to join.

Today I finish the binding on a runner. I hate hand sewing it yet haven't figure out how not to lol and have it come out looking decent. I am a bit unhappy it appears to waffle a tiny bit on one side no matter how I press it. argh pirates. if it does not lay flat I might just sew another one. I am not embarrassing my self here ok well not with my sewing anyways. I am so far from perfect in my mind.. it always works out but on the sewing block.. not so much. I tend to stumble on the quilting part. Its easy to make the tops its the quilting that well .. needs lots of work til one day one year I get it right. or not :) so be easy on yourself and enjoy the ride its awfully fun. And you can only improve with each and every project. (this is a theory I have).

Likethedog 10-07-2013 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 6335588)
... And you can only improve with each and every project. (this is a theory I have).

I wholeheartedly agree with your theory! I told my husband that since I'm learning to sew, buying fabric is like "tuition."

Cheesehead 10-07-2013 02:06 PM

Just finished a project on another swap that I will be sending out this week. Now I am all ready to get my partners name for this swap, I'm all fired up and ready to go!

Jan

dabbler312 10-07-2013 02:12 PM

I finally read through all the chatter - love the snow pictures jaba - my niece made a beautiful snowman wearing a cowboy hat and scarf - what fun to be able to play in the snow; early season snow will be gone by weeks end.

Lots of fun ideas - I'm up for winter shenanigans!

kiffie2413 10-07-2013 05:35 PM

Seems like most of us are our own "worst enemies" eh??!! I know dh has jokingly told me he thinks I actually LIKE taking out my work more than I do making it...or that I like to make a 2nd or a 3rd one...I turn it around and tell him he seems to be the same way on his woodworking projects. 'Nuff said! ;)
I know when my "quilty sisters" in my quilt group bring in one of their newly made creations, and they say "this is not right, or don't look at this part..." That usually I can't see/wouldn't have seen if it wasn't pointed out what they were speaking of...and I am guilty as charged of the same...So, here's to us trying to get better from that ( riiiiight...lol)
Kif