Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Fall 2016 I Spy Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/fall-2016-i-spy-swap-t283149.html)

rbwiese 11-21-2016 02:20 PM

I intended to include in my post that I saw some great fussy cut squares this time. I know how much extra effort it takes to do this - but we all appreciate the effort it took! Thanks!

Like sewbizgirl, I too am thankful for my family. It is so great to see those little boys and girl that I think of as still litte, grow up to be adults that one enjoys conversation with, to listen to their thoughts and opinions, etc. Our oldest son, our "traveler" is happily married now to a wonderful woman he met in Bogota CO and is very happy - didn't think he would ever settle down, just had to meet the right woman. Our middle son changed professions a couple of years back to be with his family more and not on the road - he is happy with the challenge of a new learning experience, and is the father of our 2 wonderful grandchildren. And our youngest will be completing next summer a 5 year Biology/Med PhD program at Vanderbilt. She has presented her research at conferences all over the US and at several foreign conferences. She loved going to Amsterdam. She is excited to begin working at a new university, hopefully having post-doc work lined up by next fall. I thought about majoring in biology but I was before the real genetics work began - but it is so exciting to have conversations with her - but it doesn't take long to go over my head.

Finally thank you to my longsuffering husband who has stood by my side for more than 40 years - couldn't function without him.

moonrise 11-22-2016 02:44 PM

Received my squares today! I've already gone through and petted each one. :D Thanks so much to everyone for swapping with me, and a special thanks to our hostess for organizing it! :thumbup:

rbwiese 11-22-2016 04:24 PM

Here is a different take on an I Spy Quilt - note it calls for 5 1/2 squares - so the 4 patch blocks would need to be cut a tad smaller or trimmed before attaching to the I Spy squares

http://www.happyquiltingmelissa.com/...-tutorial.html

Sleepy Hollow 11-22-2016 06:17 PM

I'm looking forward to getting my bag :)

However... I couldn't find my sweatshirt before I left for work tonight. And that's important because my wallet and keys are in the pocket. Including my Post Office key :(

Hopefully I find it as soon as I get home in the morning! No idea where it went as I already spent 10+ minutes looking for it.

sewbizgirl 11-22-2016 06:23 PM

I hope the postman comes before we leave town tomorrow! Hope I can intercept my package... so exciting.

bkay 11-22-2016 07:10 PM

I'm thankful that I'm well. I had a real health scare over the last months. It appears to be a bad reaction to medication. Thank God for small favors. I am blessed.

bkay

Sleepy Hollow 11-22-2016 09:06 PM

"to let the crazies calm down"

But, I am calm!

Sounds like you've had quite the year, Rena. You're definitely an inspiration. I love that I've changed careers (just over a year ago) and now I have more time to devote to hobbies. Through the local Senior Center ladies (I'm 37) and this board, I've "met" so many women who have faced different challenges, and yet are able to keep quilting and enjoying the quilting community through it all. Illnesses, loses, and plain old "getting old". One woman I get to hand quilt with just turned 100! It gives me hope that I have found a passion I can follow until I just can't do any more.

Sleepy Hollow 11-22-2016 09:34 PM

My son found my sweatshirt! On the stairs... which means I stepped over it at least three times while I was looking for it. *sigh* I hate it when I'm in a hurry to find something.

But, now I can check the post office tomorrow :)

All2Pieces 11-22-2016 10:51 PM

Rbweise - Thank you again for hosting this swap. You have definitely overcome some challenges this year. Thank you for being patient and understanding with all the mistakes I made getting things to you. Hope I didn't cause you too many headaches!

I am thankful for my job that pays the bills and allows me some extra for retirement savings and spending. I am thankful for my family, as far flung as we are. I am grateful that they still want to keep in touch. I am thankful for my health, and the health of my loved ones. I am thankful for the traveling we've been able to do, and the trips we have planned for 2017. I am thankful also for the friends I have found online that share my love of the fabric arts.

I will start a new position in December. The hours are better, but it is a bit of a pay cut. My extended family has major health issues, but so far so good. My sweetie and I have three family trips planned in the first 6 months. And I have at least 3 quilts I hope to finish. I'm looking forward to 2017.

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy holiday season -
Cheers,
MJ

pinkflowers 11-23-2016 12:29 PM

We were let out of work 2 hours early today (with pay!). I came home to find my squares have arrived. And, now I have a bit of extra time to play!! That is, after a load of laundry goes in, dishes out of the dishwasher...and I should get the pies started, too. Oh WHY do I do this to myself!!!