Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Fall 2016 I Spy Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/fall-2016-i-spy-swap-t283149.html)

mjpEncinitas 11-25-2016 08:50 AM

I got mine on Wednesday even though I'm in CA. I went through the bag while I was on the phone with my 94 year old mother and she enjoyed hearing about all the different squares. I bought fleece today at 6 am at JoAnns so now I'm ready to make the throw rug.

Bullock2us 11-25-2016 03:10 PM

I received mine today. Havent had a chance to go through them yet-but I am excited too!

Jane Quilter 11-25-2016 04:09 PM

This was my first I spy swap. Got really cute fabric, but don't have enough for a quilt yet so you can count me in on the winter swap. With 3 grandchildren under 5, I have a ways to go. Thanks swappers!

rbwiese 11-28-2016 11:46 AM

Hope everyone has had a chance to sort through their baggies and pick out their favorite charms. While there are sales are going on and people are getting fabric for the next swap, I want to remind you a few things.

These are to be 100% cotton quality fabric. No seersucker, flannel, batiks, florals etc.

A reminder that there are to be 10 DIFFERENT charms in each baggie. Please limit licensed prints and holiday prints to 1 per baggie.

Thanks for making this a great swap.

Rena

Jannie 11-28-2016 07:10 PM

Finally found time to look thru my baggies. Seemed to be a lot of food squares this time. It always amazes me that I have never seen a lot of these fabrics in stores I shop at. This is a great way to get a lot of different squares without having to buy a whole piece of fabric that you need 5 or 6 inches.

rbwiese 11-29-2016 04:08 PM

It really is a great way to get a variety of fabrics that would be very hard to accumulate on our own without spending a lot of money and time on. Great job on fabrics choices!

moonrise 12-09-2016 04:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are a few zippered change purses / crayon holders that I made from the squares in this swap. :D They'll be going to a craft fair with me tomorrow.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]563374[/ATTACH]

pinkflowers 12-16-2016 01:02 PM

Those are cute! What a great idea! Hope you did well at your craft fair. I thought I would check back on this thread if anyone has posted photos. My squares are neatly stored in a tub for now. I paired up what I had, since I plan to make match-game quilts with my I Spy squares. I've invested myself in doing Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt, so that has been keeping me busy for now.

Happy Holidays to you and whomever else happens along to this thread!

bkay 12-17-2016 02:27 PM

I'm volunteering at the school where my sister teaches TAG. The 5th grade class has to make a class quilt. (My sister's sewing ability ends at hemming - so I was recruited.) Then each student has to write a story and then make a small quilt that illustrates the story. They've had a great time going through the I Spy squares to find the right one to tell their story. I'm going to have to double up before next year to get enough squares for both them and me! It's a lot of fun to help with such a great project. (I'll take photos.)

bkay

mrshalibut 12-19-2016 01:16 PM

The fabrics above are adorable! I miss the old swap, where we didn't have to have 10 new fabrics to participate. I know it was a lot of work for the hostess, but I'm willing to host it and do the work. Is anyone up for going back to sending a baggie with 20 squares of one fabric and getting 20 different ones back?