Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January 2017 to March 2017 Table Runner Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-2017-march-2017-table-runner-swap-t284887.html)

Northern Sue 01-12-2017 12:56 PM

Got my fabric today - the longest part of the process, I swear! I've seen what I want to do with it, but still searching the pattern! Lots of web hits say free pattern but lead nowhere! Might try to wing it with the help of a You Tube video & hope I get it right! lol But ..... considering you don't know what pattern I'm talking about, you won't know whether I get it right or not, will you? lol lol

lawsonmugs 01-12-2017 01:58 PM

Sue you sound like me. I hate when Pinterest or you tube dead ends with no pattern.

Belfrybat 01-12-2017 07:43 PM

Lawsonmugs -- love the sunny corner of your table runner. Blue and yellow are such a lovely combination.

I finished my table runner this evening. Will take a pic tomorrow and post a peek. I'm happy with the way it turned out -- all kinds of flowers bursting from it.

Belfrybat 01-13-2017 07:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a teaser pic of the table runner. This is the "Texas side" with two strips of bluebonnets.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]565556[/ATTACH]

lawsonmugs 01-13-2017 08:07 AM

Belfrybat, Those fabrics are terrific. I love it.

Northern Sue 01-13-2017 04:32 PM

I like the concept of Pinterest, but I've just never caught on to the buzz! When I see something I'm interested in, you can spend hours, clicking on link after link, and still not end up with what you were originally searching for. Sometimes I think that's why we get so much junk mail sometimes! I'm happy to pay a reasonable price for a pattern or directions, so I'm not always looking for the freebies.
Tonight, I'm resting and trying to get in the right mindset for some FMQ tomorrow; will practice on quilt sandwiches before touching my block, but then I have to bite the bullet! I'm doing the Flower Festival Mystery Quilt with Leah Day, so each month we construct a block, sandwich & quilt it. Whole works will be put together at the end. I'm determined to improve my FMQ and get "out of the ditch"! Wish me luck! lol

m-fay 01-14-2017 06:33 AM

today i sketched in what im going to do. Cant wait to get home and start it.

ube quilting 01-14-2017 01:13 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I like the little peeks from LSM and BFB! I finished mine about twenty minutes ago!

Here we go!
The pattern and fabrics
[ATTACH=CONFIG]565664[/ATTACH]
Front and back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]565665[/ATTACH]
finish
[ATTACH=CONFIG]565666[/ATTACH]

When I first saw this apple blossom fabric (many years ago) it reminded me of my mom who used to sing
"Don't Sit Under the Apple Tree" to me all the time. I love this fabric and still have a few scraps left to play with.
Now who is gonna get this one!:D
peace

Northern Sue 01-14-2017 03:59 PM

The Apple Blossom Fabric & runner are beautiful!!!!

marietta 01-14-2017 06:45 PM

Love all the fabrics, especially the "Texas side" :)