Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/june-secret-pal-sign-up-closes-may-30th-noon-t189781.html)

mizkyp 05-30-2012 04:31 PM

Happy Birthday Krystyna!!!!
And many more!!!

reeskylr 05-30-2012 07:00 PM

I use crushed walnuts, you can get it at the pet store. They use it for gila monsters or lizards. It's pretty cheap considering you get 5lbs. You can make a LOT of pincushions with that. lol

dabbler312 05-31-2012 04:16 AM

Happy belated birthday wishes Krystyna; I haven't been on line for a few days and missed your celebration - I had to get the gardens planted.

reeskyler - thanks for the hint to buy crushed walnut shells from the pet store - our LQS charges quite a bit for them and it's worth checking out the pet store for the same thing.

You all have a fantabulous day!!!

hoppa 05-31-2012 04:25 AM

LOuise,

The sake cups make great pincushions.I just taught a class on making funky/artsy pin cushions and told everyone to look for things at the thrift store for pincushions including barbie dolls. I use all sorts of things to make the bases of my pin cushions. I use walnut shells for my pincushions as bought a 20 lb bix at Harbor Freight.

Krystyna 05-31-2012 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by hoppa (Post 5255358)
LOuise,

The sake cups make great pincushions.I just taught a class on making funky/artsy pin cushions and told everyone to look for things at the thrift store for pincushions including barbie dolls. I use all sorts of things to make the bases of my pin cushions. I use walnut shells for my pincushions as bought a 20 lb bix at Harbor Freight.

Oooh! Hoppa! I love your Barbie doll pincushion idea! Barbie already has holed in her head so ... ???
Our Harbor Freight had walnut shells as an abrasive to use use in tumblers, but they seem to have disappeared.
But 20 lbs? Great if you're teaching a class, but I think I'll have to stick with poly fill. I would never use the sand from the beach ... too many tiny creatures in it and I think it would eventually stink. UNLESS ... I could soak it in some bleach. Hmmmm.

fayzer 05-31-2012 06:21 AM

Brenda, Miss Daisy is looking slim and trim and awfully cute.

I can't wait to get my SP's name and info. I'm already excited about the swap.

mscupid804 05-31-2012 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by fayzer (Post 5255653)
Brenda, Miss Daisy is looking slim and trim and awfully cute.

I can't wait to get my SP's name and info. I'm already excited about the swap.

Me too Fay, I need to go shopping this weekend to get some stuff.

Havplenty 05-31-2012 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt (Post 5253479)
I wonder if we are related??? Mary Josephine is a family name in my mother's family..she is Mary Josephine, her mother was Josephine...so there is your Joespehine, her Josephine, etc, etc, etc. I was lucky ... my mother was not thrilled with the name ..she still goes by Mary Jo...she named me Sharon Ann...no more Josephines in this branch!

it's the josephine name that is my family legacy not necessarily the mary part. i believe i am the only mary j... though. i was named after 2 family members, my maternal gm and my godmother who was a family related member but i forgot how. we have so many josephines in our history but i am not sure if there are any younger than me now. i will need to look through our family directory to confirm that.

Quilty-Louise 05-31-2012 08:36 AM

I do not use my first name, I totally dislike the name.

Originally Posted by Havplenty (Post 5255814)
it's the josephine name that is my family legacy not necessarily the mary part. i believe i am the only mary j... though. i was named after 2 family members, my maternal gm and my godmother who was a family related member but i forgot how. we have so many josephines in our history but i am not sure if there are any younger than me now. i will need to look through our family directory to confirm that.

brenda21 05-31-2012 08:49 AM

Hoppa~would love to see a pic of the Barbie pincushion:thumbup: