Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/june-secret-pal-sign-up-closes-may-30th-noon-t189781.html)

Pinkwater 05-26-2012 07:30 PM

I'm back in for month two....this is so much fun!

leiladylei54 05-26-2012 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz (Post 5245316)
I sent PM to Lori, this looks like a fun bunch to belong to so I am going to give it a try!

When my kids were little we had a big bin that we called the birthday box. We were always putting cool stuff in it and then when they got invited to a party they would have so much fun digging through the Birthday Box... Maybe I need to start a Secret Pal box!

Yep, that's what I have.....a huge box and shelves filled with different items for my Secret swap boxes. Also have shelves of different colors of fat quarters so I can just grab the colors my Secret Pal wants. I start building my box even before Lori sends out the names and once I have my SP name and their special wants, those are the last minute purchases I make. This is a lot of fun and makes me feel like Christmas or my birthday has come again every month when my box arrives. LOL

wanda lou 05-26-2012 08:38 PM

FYI Tuesday Morning Sale
Jelly Rolls $3.99 notions .99 . I did some major shopping today for my secret pal bin.

Krystyna Happy Birthday Hope it was a good one. (sorry i missed it, so much going on.)

Please continue prayers for my sister, she is still in a coma.

quiltnut4ever 05-27-2012 07:10 AM

Wandalou, will send prayers and hugs your way. This must be a difficult time and I"m glad you're participating. Krystyna I'll have a margarita for you today! Then again I won't stop at o ne! lol! Ok today is the day I tackle and set up my sewing room. We are expecting over 100 degrees here and its humid! So we're having a BBQ this afternoon and I will be enjoying myself! Like all of you I have a stash just for my sp and its much easier! Everyone have a safe and enjoyable Memorial Day. Don't forget to keep all of our servicemen and women in prayer. My son is in Korea and he's doing well.

Vicki W 05-27-2012 07:43 AM

I am in, sending my PM to Lori now :)

Havplenty 05-27-2012 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by joejoe31 (Post 5245226)
just learned under extream heat the sanitizing lotion will burst or leak,....shouldve known DUH..

what kinda extreme heat didya expose it to? was it sitting in the direct sun? where you performing some kinda scientific test? c'mon give details.:cool:

btw jojo is one of my family nicknames. how kewl is that.:D

brenda21 05-27-2012 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty (Post 5246446)

btw jojo is one of my family nicknames. how kewl is that.:D

as in "Mary Josephine DO NOT bring ONE MORE item into this house"!!!!!:p

Havplenty 05-27-2012 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by brenda21 (Post 5246515)
as in "Mary Josephine DO NOT bring ONE MORE item into this house"!!!!!:p

did you just guess mary josephine? wow how lucky is that? josephine is a maternal family name dating back to the very early 1800's (if not earlier) and i am one of them in a long line of josephines.

i made headway in my organizing yesterday so i am feeling a little bit better today but will still be organizing today. i have even starting bringing stuff in from my car.:thumbup: i have things to get listed on ebay and i found a group on cl looking for donated items to sell to raise money for some cause (i forgot). so i have called the woman and have things ready for her to pick up (including fabric i will not be using). yep i have been an organizing guru. i have plenty of pomegrante tea to keep me going today.

i am even considering listing one of my singer 15-91's for sale. yes i am as my purging/organizing continues. anyone here interested in a vintage singer 15-91?:) they are great machines and you can fmq on them. think about it.:thumbup:

p.s. to sweetwaterquilter: those suck bags work great and they are see through. if you stagger the fabric when packing it in there you will be able to see what you have without opening it.

Lori Peercy 05-27-2012 09:16 AM

We have 80 signed up so far.

brenda21 05-27-2012 09:39 AM

Very proud of you Mary JO...you should have done before and after pics!!

and yes, it was a guess-umtion....given the "Mary" and then jojo as the nickname....:thumbup: