Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/june-secret-pal-sign-up-closes-may-30th-noon-t189781.html)

brenda21 05-26-2012 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty (Post 5244325)

i did however stop at big lots and bought some of those bags that compress things once you suck the air out of them. i hope these help me to tame the beast. lol:D

oh yeah, that'll work....:p

sweetwaterquilter 05-26-2012 10:06 AM

It sounds like I'm not the only one who is having a control problem in their sew room. Every time I attempt to get in under control I loose something. I don't know at the time, but in about a month or so I'll need something and I know that I put it some place that at the time seemed logical, oh well, you know the rest of that story. I usually find it after I've gone to plan B or maybe even plan C. By then I remember that I needed it but I can't remember what for.

Those bags that suck the air out are great, except it's a squeezed together and unless you open it you can't tell what's in it. They are great for saving space though.

All I can say is "Good Luck'" I feel your pain.

Gail

stitchingpost 05-26-2012 10:17 AM

miss lori just pm you my infor i never have done this before had to get help ,hope i did it right,would like to join,please let me know if you got it so i will know if iam in thanks

CAS49OR 05-26-2012 10:55 AM

Thanks for all the information Mary! I just sent the info in the PM. This will be fun!

Havplenty 05-26-2012 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by brenda21 (Post 5244355)
oh yeah, that'll work....:p

brenda what a hoot. those bags were under a pile of fabric i had stacked on a table. i unearthed the big lot bags due to my franctic search for the battery pack to my cordless phone. i ended up taking the phone receiver to the store with me to get a battery pack. can you say 'reorganization needed badly' for me.

i know i am in this situation because of all that is on my mind right now. i am working on it today though. phew!!!:D

Havplenty 05-26-2012 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by greenini (Post 5244270)
A lot of us are kind of compulsive shoppers (who me, I resemble that remark:)), so if I'm in a store and I see something quilty or sewy, even if I might not need it or use it, I'll pick it up if the cost is good. That way, I've got a good set aside of things to use for SP packages. ...

yep this swap is exactly what i am gonna blame this mess i am experiencing on. i didn't shop like this before i joined this swap. who buys 10 packs of sewing machine needles or note pads at one time and for what????? yep this swap will make you a compulsive shopper. beware!!!!!!!:D

btw i unearthed the needles today also under that large mound of fabric. who knows what else is under there. 20 yards of fabric i purchased at the $0.50-$1/yd sale from the uniform makers. but it all fits in one of the suck bags. yippee!!!! back to organizing.

brenda21 05-26-2012 02:04 PM

OH MARY~Just wondered if you've seen that tv show...oh, what is it called again??....oh yeah....HOARDERS!!!!!!!:D

Havplenty 05-26-2012 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by brenda21 (Post 5244877)
OH MARY~Just wondered if you've seen that tv show...oh, what is it called again??....oh yeah....HOARDERS!!!!!!!:D

brenda OMG!!!!! LOL!!!! ROFLMHO!!!!!:D you are cracking me up here. some days i have to wonder. but i can still see floor space and i do not need to crawl over anything, there is still plenty of walking space. but if you asked me about wall space i would have to pause.:D

joejoe31 05-26-2012 05:13 PM

just learned under extream heat the sanitizing lotion will burst or leak,....shouldve known DUH..

marytoddliz 05-26-2012 05:51 PM

I sent PM to Lori, this looks like a fun bunch to belong to so I am going to give it a try!

When my kids were little we had a big bin that we called the birthday box. We were always putting cool stuff in it and then when they got invited to a party they would have so much fun digging through the Birthday Box... Maybe I need to start a Secret Pal box!