Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/june-secret-pal-sign-up-closes-may-30th-noon-t189781.html)

lawsonmugs 05-31-2012 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by brenda21 (Post 5255970)
Hoppa~would love to see a pic of the Barbie pincushion:thumbup:

I had a barbie pincushion a long time ago. It had a crocheted dress that flared way out in the skirt. the skirt was the pincushion part. Maybe not the same as hoppa's. Mary

buslady 05-31-2012 09:19 AM

I used some sand to make a pincusion/scrap bag, it was just backyard sand, but I strained it through a screen and then put it in a pan in the oven for a couple of hours. Got the oven hot for a few minutes then just turned it off. I have had no problem with the pin cusions and it has been a year or so.
I found that saying on line somewhere, not sure where, but was going through some "stuff" and it really hit me, so I used it for my signature line. I don't believe it was signed or anything, if it were I would have posted credit to the author. Sometimes God works in odd ways, he sent me that message at just the right time. I have had several PM's about it from others that read it, finding it appropriate for their particular trials and tribulations. I will leave it there for a long time, I believe. Thanks for asking.

mscupid804 05-31-2012 10:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I rec'd this today from Ann Salem. I don't know her and I'm not even sure she's on this QB. She may be from a different site? IF she is on this QB, thank you Ann, this was very sweet and thoughtful of you and much appreciated. Isn't it beautiful?! BTW, it's PINK not purple....bad lighting!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]339061[/ATTACH]

lawsonmugs 05-31-2012 04:47 PM

Very Pretty. Looks pink on my computer. Mary

Krystyna 05-31-2012 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by mscupid804 (Post 5256121)
I rec'd this today from Ann Salem. I don't know her and I'm not even sure she's on this QB. She may be from a different site? IF she is on this QB, thank you Ann, this was very sweet and thoughtful of you and much appreciated. Isn't it beautiful?! BTW, it's PINK not purple....bad lighting!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]339061[/ATTACH]

Teresa, it's from my little band of embroidering angels ... expect more!

Krystyna 05-31-2012 05:28 PM

So, from the discussion of Barbie pin cushions, I guess you don't stick the pins in her head?

brenda21 05-31-2012 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5256947)
So, from the discussion of Barbie pin cushions, I guess you don't stick the pins in her head?

not sure...that's why I wanted to see one hahaha

marytoddliz 05-31-2012 11:04 PM

rofl...I can just imagine barbie as a voodoo doll!

quiltnut4ever 06-01-2012 03:32 AM

Barbie pin cushion? Really? I never liked Barbie dolls at all since young and to stick pins in her? Hmm what a thought. Ok I know Lori is out camping but I can't wait to get my SP name. Its going to be a soggy day her ein SWFL and we need the rain no complaints here. My sewing room is almost unpacked and ready to be sewing! Can't wait. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Krystyna 06-01-2012 03:50 AM

No, no, no! Not a Barbie voodoo doll! Just a little accupuncture to her head.