Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   June's Pincushion and Needlecase Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/junes-pincushion-needlecase-swap-t222115.html)

IrelandDragonQuilting 06-05-2013 06:51 PM

You lucky gal you paintmejudy! beautiful pincushion and needle case!!

Quilty-L that is a lot of work to make your boxes, I know whoever is lucky enough to get one from you will be very fortunate!

JuneBillie 06-05-2013 08:08 PM

Thanks jaba. I guess at first one just has to have some patience.

JuneBillie 06-05-2013 08:11 PM

Judy, those are very nice pincushion and needle book. They are just right for the holiday, and pretty for all year long. Have fun using them. I love the ones I have from other swaps. I have one set sitting in my living room close to wear I sit and hand sew while watching tv, and another in my sewing room.

Pat625 06-05-2013 10:29 PM

Pin cushions almost done!! Just need to fill and close!! Now time to get some sleep~~

jaba 06-06-2013 04:29 AM

JuneBillie you might check with a nursery there, maybe they would have plants already started. Or if they grow wild there just dig 'em up and plant in your yard. That would be faster than starting from seed. Water, sunshine and talk to them really nice, then before long you'll have a feast.

lauriejo 06-06-2013 04:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I haven't started on my pincushions yet, this weekend I will have some time to sew. I love the patriotic theme, but really any pincushion could work for this month. Just make it in those colors, and you could use lighter colors to make a softer look.

I have already received my first firmy, from paintmejudy and she sent me TWO pincushions!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]417442[/ATTACH]
Aren't they beautiful! I really love the hand embroidery, such patience to make all those french knots. I told Judy I had been meaning to make one of those flower pincushions, but now I have one I didn't have to make and that's even more special. Thanks swap partner!

Old_Rosebud 06-06-2013 05:27 AM

Beautiful work ladies! I love the fabrics on Jaba's pincushion and needlecase. Paintmejudy - the flower pincushion looks great in the r/w/b color scheme! Two lucky recipients for sure.
I keep trying to think of a way to make a 'fire cracker' pincushion. I just can't translate it from an idea into reality! Grr.

lynnie 06-06-2013 07:59 AM

beautiful work and lovely designs everyone. but...I got mine today, from irelanddragonquilting. well, all I can say is
omg, omg, omg!!!!! I love kitties, and I got a KITTY PIN CUSHION!!!!!!!!!! it's perfect, I love it, it's so cute. and Wendy those decorated pins are just awesome. I love it to death. did I mention I love kitties. thanks a bunch.

sikesjj 06-06-2013 11:45 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I received these from Jaba, she enclosed a pincushion surprise, its stuffed with crushed walnut shells to keep my needles sharp, Jayla keeps trying to take it, she thinks its a juggling ball. THank you so much for the beautiful needle case, it is so pretty, my house is getting redecorated in red white and blue.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]417500[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]417501[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]417502[/ATTACH]

QuilterMomma 06-06-2013 12:22 PM

Sorry, lost this thread. Yes, send me a box if you have my name. I know, a little late. Wow, already some pretty ones being mailed. Better get myself in gear. One more week left is all.