Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   March/April 9 Patch Block Swap-- Sign Has Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/march-april-9-patch-block-swap-sign-has-closed-t295244.html)

sewbizgirl 03-11-2018 06:49 AM

Janice, pretty blocks. Love your colors!

Mona G 03-11-2018 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8019814)
MonaG, why don't you make along with us? Just make each one different and you'll have the same amount to work with. Would love to see your work and finished quilt.

I was just thinking that sane thing, I have enough scraps to do 80 different blocks.

Billi 03-11-2018 02:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wow more great blocks It's going to be so fun getting the blocks and seeing in person what a truly amazing variety of fabrics we all have. For me the biggest challenge is coming up with enough variety so that all 8 of my sets were not made from the same F4 bundle. in theory it shouldn't matter but I also need to push myself out of my "planned scrappy" comfort zone. so this was a good exercise for that, but I made one holy hell of a mess in my sewing room.

This is my first 4 sets overall I'm pleased with the variety.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]590618[/ATTACH]

givio 03-11-2018 03:49 PM

Billi, you have some great FQ bundles-- those are nice blocks!

Billi 03-11-2018 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by givio (Post 8020055)
Billi, you have some great FQ bundles-- those are nice blocks!

Thanks 3 of them were from FQ bundles the really bright top right I pulled from my stash so I'm pretty pleased with it. It's struggle for me to not just grab something with a neutral background for my second print.

sewbizgirl 03-11-2018 08:25 PM

Those are pretty, Billi!

As far as putting two prints together... sometimes I'm not sure my two will work together, but somehow putting them into a checkerboard 'integrates' them. I feel better once I see them in the 4+5 configuration.

The blocks need not be made of two coordinating fabrics.

sewbizgirl 03-11-2018 08:33 PM

Patrice added the "closed" to our thread title for us. I haven't heard back from darcyshannon, so here is our final member list, as far as I know:

NZQuilter
Aborning
Givio
obrienwv
MrsTheo
IreneC
Terriamn
Cheesehead
Sewbizgirl
Libster
GracefulAnn
Evie
kwyltaholic
D.Henson
Moonrise
Gannyrosie
JaniceMcC
QuiltAddict
Billi
mmac71

Hope everyone is having a good time making the blocks. :o

D.Henson 03-11-2018 10:12 PM

I’m seeing such pretty 9 patches. I started mine. :) Tomorrow I will post a picture. Hope everyone has a great week.

Libster 03-12-2018 10:26 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's my sets 6 and 7. Only 1 more to go and I'll be done.

Billi, love your blocks.

sewbizgirl 03-12-2018 12:30 PM

Pretty, Libster!

Our first swap package has arrived! Moonrise, your package just came. Thank you.