Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   May 2012 doll quilt swap - theme: Quilty chaos - crazy quilt - deadline noon est 4/30 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/may-2012-doll-quilt-swap-theme-quilty-chaos-crazy-quilt-deadline-noon-est-4-30-a-t186552.html)

SulaBug 05-28-2012 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy (Post 5249772)
Sulabug..... Your May DQ will go in the mail tomorrow! or at least that is my plan!
I did complete it tonight.

YEAH!!:D I can hardly wait to see it in person. Hopefully you will get yours in the mail tomorrow, Tuesday. I will be waiting to see both of them. Thank you for the post!!
:D :D :D :D

sewbeadit 05-28-2012 11:53 PM

Wow Quiltymom, what a cake!

Ladybug 1938 05-29-2012 04:18 AM

Krystyna Happy Birthday and may your day be so very special... God Bless Ladybug

nancia 05-29-2012 04:28 AM

krystyna== hippo birdie, two ewes, hippo birdie, two ewes! hippo birdie deer kystyna, hippo birdie two ewes! with love from the animal kingdom and me!!;)

i have received the most beautiful crazy quilt from krystyna! i adore it!! i will post a picture as soon as i can! krystyna, yours is coming along, but i hit a bump in the road, figuratively, and ended up in the emergency room. lovely way to spend the mem weekend! not!! i seem to be better but it was pretty scary as they thought i was having a stroke. turned out to be a complex migraine. as a result, i lost sunday and monday. woke this morning and didn't know what day it was. thank goodness for the computer!! anyway, i have a bunch of pictures to share when the computer allows it. i have an antique crazy quilt, all silk, made by a group of women. the legend is each woman signed her quilt and when she died that date was to be put on the quilt on her block. the last living quilter kept the quilt and it was then passed down to her heir(s) on her passing. i received the quilt, and the story, from my gm. she was great at embroidering, stories, that is. my mother assured me i shouldn't believe a word gm said. anyway, there are some yellow grosgrain ribbons that were used just post american revolution to wrap cigars. i'm pretty confident the quilt itself was made during the victorian era as that is when the style arose. even the lace edging was hand crocheted of silk. i know you will enjoy the pictures as soon as i can get them to post!

Psychomomquilter 05-29-2012 05:39 AM

Krystyna Happy Birthday

buslady 05-29-2012 05:40 AM

Brenda, I just checked. Your DQ is in TX and should be delivered today!! I am really excited, as this was my first and I can't wait to see what you think!

Psychomomquilter 05-29-2012 05:41 AM

May dq's will be in the mail today, and don't laugh!! I made them to look goofy , psychomomquilter is on the move!!

Psychomomquilter 05-29-2012 05:47 AM

all of you made your quilts look soooooo perfect, and beautiful.

hobbykat1955 05-29-2012 06:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Back from a few days away to find my gorgeous Crazy Quilt made by Ms. Grace...Thank you it's just lovely and will add to my collection of hanging on the clothes line I've hung around the ceilings edge....in my sewing rm...Just loved this theme...Ms Grace your's hit the mail today...Hope you like it.

Krystyna 05-29-2012 06:30 AM

Nancia!!! Oh no!!! Sweetie, take a break and rest. How scary. Glad you liked the little quilt. But I hope that staring at it didn't cause the migraine ..:(
Ms. Grace, what a knock out. You've seized the essence of crazy!