Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

WilliP 08-11-2012 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by sustraley (Post 5432670)
I received this gorgeous block from my partner Willip. I really love the fabrics and the design. Thanks so much. It is great.

Anita's Arrowhead block. Fast and relatively unbreakable for me. As long as I don't hurry the last 3 stitches from the machine it doesn't have to be "frogged". Not sure how to post photos to the forum here so had posted them on the group album of both this block and the one I received from Sue.

savannahrandons 08-11-2012 02:29 PM

I recieved my block from my parter. thank you thank you so much. it is just what I was looking for. can't get the camera to work at the moment. I will post a picture on the other thread when it starts working.

Whigrose 08-12-2012 09:15 AM

I totally adore this block. :-)

best,
d
[QUOTE=rfbrazell;5433483]Here are some fabulous blocks I got From KrisBoswinkel from Ashville Carolina...

Whigrose 08-12-2012 09:22 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi all,
Here are my blocks (also posted in the Group photo album) for my July and August swap partners.

Winter012 requested a block with an Alaskan theme - I choose to do a block hinting of the northern lights and a moose.

Nancy in Louisiana requested Quilter's Cache Maple Leaf pattern in any color or fabric.

best,
d

mscupid804 08-12-2012 09:56 AM

Whig, how did u do the moose.....fused on???

Lv2sew2011 08-12-2012 10:38 AM

Awesome Blocks Robert has usuall...

Originally Posted by rfbrazell (Post 5433498)
To the Nice Queen of the North....Hint.
Here is the two block tops and the back fabirc that matches.
tinker is on a blue/Lav duppioni
and Peter is on slate blue duppioni with backing too.
I didn't trim them, thought it might be safer to leave it one and you can cut them to what size you want for the pillow.
hope you like them. the were fun to do.

Lv2sew2011 08-12-2012 10:39 AM

Awesome Moose Block! and maple leave is nice too!
Donna

Originally Posted by Whigrose (Post 5435668)
Hi all,
Here are my blocks (also posted in the Group photo album) for my July and August swap partners.

Winter012 requested a block with an Alaskan theme - I choose to do a block hinting of the northern lights and a moose.

Nancy in Louisiana requested Quilter's Cache Maple Leaf pattern in any color or fabric.

best,
d

Lv2sew2011 08-12-2012 10:41 AM

How cute! !!WOW!! Look at all the great blocks, great work everyone...
Donna

Originally Posted by rfbrazell (Post 5433483)
Here are some fabulous blocks I got From KrisBoswinkel from Ashville Carolina.
Of course they are the fabuloso French Hens and Roosters. Here are some pics. Of course one of them wouldn' download, but it is handsome
Love them Kris. They will go perfect.
R

Whigrose 08-12-2012 04:43 PM

mscupid804 and Lv2sew2011,
I am the Queen of Applique :-( I have to be honest, in all the projects of applique I have done (too many to count) the moose antlers were the most intricate I have ever done. The hooves were also a challenge because the moose is the same fabric as the mountains.

I did manage to get the look I was going for so I am very pleased with the overall outcome. Now here's hoping Winter012 is also pleased.

And to answer the question about my technique, I use the donut method - in this case I cut out all but 1/8-1/16 of the fusible away leaving just the slightest bit to hold my applique pieces onto the block.

Thank you both for the comments.

best,
d

Originally Posted by mscupid804 (Post 5435741)
Whig, how did u do the moose.....fused on???

bibliostone 08-13-2012 07:57 AM

Came back from vacation and found 2 beautiful blocks from my July partner, Lizzie142. They are wonderful and I will post pictures as soon as I get a little more organized!

Annies-best, please PM me with your contact information and theme so I can get your August block made and mailed.