Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

arounds70 10-30-2012 01:12 PM

I feel like there are only a couple people on here where is everyone chatting at? I had so much fun doing a block for my partner, can't wait til Novembers list is posted so I can get started

Judith1005 10-30-2012 01:38 PM

IDK, I was wondering about that also. But, maybe they are just busy with life. :) I also can't wait for my partner next month. I also had lots of fun thinking about the theme, picking out the fabrics and then finding a quilt block pattern that fits. Or trying out a block I haven't tried before. I love the mystery of a block designed and made by someone else. :)

Originally Posted by arounds70 (Post 5624077)
I feel like there are only a couple people on here where is everyone chatting at? I had so much fun doing a block for my partner, can't wait til Novembers list is posted so I can get started

arounds70 10-30-2012 01:51 PM

Judith1005--I know life gets in the way but it's like a ghost town except for couple people,
I know what you mean I think the longest for me was finding the perfect block, and challenging myself to do it, cause I picked a block I had never done before, and was so excited when I got my block the not knowing what was coming except for the colors. So much fun!!

sustraley 10-31-2012 02:56 AM

I think things kinda slow down towards the end of the month. Then the excitement for the next month starts and more people post. Just a thought. I love this swap. It really has given me the opportunity to try new blocks. Sometimes they turn out good and sometimes not so good. But everyone here is very supportive. Can't wait to get my new partner for November.

Judith1005 10-31-2012 05:15 AM

OMgoodness Sustrley, your avatar is adorable!!! What a sweet October picture.

Originally Posted by sustraley (Post 5624937)
I think things kinda slow down towards the end of the month. Then the excitement for the next month starts and more people post. Just a thought. I love this swap. It really has given me the opportunity to try new blocks. Sometimes they turn out good and sometimes not so good. But everyone here is very supportive. Can't wait to get my new partner for November.

arounds70 10-31-2012 07:27 AM

That that is true Sustraley, I hope you liked your block, I posted a pic here back a couple post for you to see, I mailed it Monday so maybe you will get it in the mail today

QuilterMomma 10-31-2012 07:47 AM

How is Dot? Anyone know, I know she is in New York and not sure how she pulled thru the mess over there. Was just concerned for her.

rfbrazell 10-31-2012 09:04 AM

I love my Star and I already have the fabrics picked out for my santa. It is just perfect.
Thank you Bibliostone.......love it
R

Originally Posted by Whigrose (Post 5623276)
This block is beautiful! Love the fabrics.
Should be a great compliment to the Santa blocks.

best,
d
QUOTE=bibliostone;5622521]Robert, I've finished your Christmas Star block and will try to get it out tomorrow. Can't wait to see what Santa you pair with it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]373387[/ATTACH]

[/QUOTE]

rfbrazell 10-31-2012 09:05 AM

She weathered the storm

She kept in touch through out the storm. she didn't loose power, but had some tree damage. Sent me pictures before and after. she is doing great so far.
R

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5625505)
How is Dot? Anyone know, I know she is in New York and not sure how she pulled thru the mess over there. Was just concerned for her.

QuilterMomma 10-31-2012 09:42 AM

Thanks. So glad to know she is fine. See Robert, you are keeping us together and in touch.