Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

dotcomdtcm 12-19-2012 02:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Caught up w the Sandy Relief Quilts and then my blocks for my December partner came back!
Well, they are out there again with USPS! Here is block made by my December partner.

Whigrose 12-19-2012 05:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Annaquilts asked me to post a photo of the blocks I made for her (Dec. swap). The coloring isn't accurate- the camera batteries had died out on me and I was too impatient to wait for them to fully charge.

Her theme is 'Sea Turtles' in in colorful tropical prints.

Anna, they'll be in tomorrow's mail.

best,
d

Nancy in Louisiana 12-20-2012 06:55 AM

HobbyKat1955 -- received your block this week -- it's GREAT and fits in very well with all my others. Will post picture of whole collection when done ... need just a few more.

Whigrose 12-20-2012 07:30 AM

I love this block! The contrast of the colors makes it so rich looking. Great

Would you share the name of the pattern please?

best,
d

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm (Post 5729871)
Caught up w the Sandy Relief Quilts and then my blocks for my December partner came back!
Well, they are out there again with USPS! Here is block made by my December partner.

mscupid804 12-20-2012 09:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Rec'd my block from Charlottemarie, ty Charlotte, I love it! The pic doesn't do it justice, the color is actually purple not blue or bluish-purple. She sent me 2 of the same.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]383263[/ATTACH]

Annaquilts 12-20-2012 10:03 AM

They are adorable Whigrose. Thank you for posting. My camera is not working and I am glad everyone can see the beautiful blocks you made for me. I can't wait for them to swim home. Your blocks went in the mail today.

Oksewnsew 12-20-2012 05:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks you DawnRT, I received my Dec block today and it couldn't be more perfect...Your's will be sent asap..Thanks again, love it & the little notepad..;o)

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year
[ATTACH=CONFIG]383323[/ATTACH]
Jean

pbadder 12-21-2012 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Whigrose (Post 5730963)
I love this block! The contrast of the colors makes it so rich looking. Great

Would you share the name of the pattern please?

best,
d

Hi Whigrose,
The pattern is from the Quilting Cache site and it is called new York Star.

Pat B

dotcomdtcm 12-22-2012 09:18 AM

Plan Ahead!
The Year of the Snake starts on Feb. 10. We eat a lot of fabulous Chinese food, and I would love 4 placemats. So I asked our Roberto Fabuloso to make me some snakes and I encourage him to offer his totally fabuloso work for sale. So if you want a Year of the Snake block, tell rfbrazell. ... Now this IS the year to be thrifty, so try the coloring pages if you prefer to make your own.

Whigrose 12-22-2012 11:16 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Received two sweet Log Cabin blocks from Annaquilts today. Aren't they wonderful?

Thank you Anna, they are perfect.

best,
d