Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

Sauki1 07-28-2013 02:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
These are the two great squares I received from Materialgrl for this month. They will go wonderfully in my batik quilt! [ATTACH=CONFIG]426673[/ATTACH]

materialgrl 07-28-2013 02:50 PM

Aww thanks suaki1. Batiks are not my favorite. I hope you like them. Its was struggle to make ,but sometimes its good to be forced out of your comfort zone

Oksewnsew 07-28-2013 06:21 PM

I really would like to hear from my July partner, Quiltingeileen. I am quite sure she has received my block by now, but have yet to hear from her. I have pm'd her, still nothing. I'm really getting tired of being the one who will send blocks, but not receiving anything in return, OR receiving something that is simply trash!! Sorry to blow, but it is what it is!

rfbrazell 07-29-2013 07:06 AM

Agree!
I know everyone has to start somewhere, but sometimes I get blocks that aren't even 12 1/2 inches. It has happened to me several times. Does anyone have any thoughts about what we can do about this.
R

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew (Post 6202022)
I really would like to hear from my July partner, Quiltingeileen. I am quite sure she has received my block by now, but have yet to hear from her. I have pm'd her, still nothing. I'm really getting tired of being the one who will send blocks, but not receiving anything in return, OR receiving something that is simply trash!! Sorry to blow, but it is what it is!

lovngrandma 07-29-2013 09:08 AM

my blocks are about done, id love to make your one, send me a few things u like, im sure i have something in my stash to make u a wonderful block, and it will be out by thursday, my partners 2 blocks will be out tomorow, id love to share, message me sorry for your misgivings most of us give as we recieve, let me know,

lovngrandma 07-29-2013 09:10 AM

you are right to toot the truth Robert, i know i have been late and very late but if i have missed anyone , i hope they will message me, i know i have a couple of things out, but they are done

dotcomdtcm 07-29-2013 09:52 AM

Thanks to Daria for my pretty pink July block. When I find the cord that connects the camera to the computer, I will post a photo.

About blocks that are a little small. It happens to all of us. I make dollquilts from orphan blocks!

CajunBear 07-29-2013 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew (Post 6202022)

AMEN! I am tired of getting blocks that don't measure or I have to clip a thousand threads off the back. Surely we have time to trim our thread ends! Oh gosh I'm am in this pond now lol

Hugs,
Cajun

createfourpaws 07-29-2013 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by CajunBear (Post 6203576)
AMEN! I am tired of getting blocks that don't measure or I have to clip a thousand threads off the back. Surely we have time to trim our thread ends! Oh gosh I'm am in this pond now lol

Hugs,
Cajun

I think it is being courteous to clip the threads and make sure it is the correct size.......i would rather get one just a bit larger than smaller, atleast then I can trim it down instead of making it bigger when I put it in a quilt.

In the past on other swaps I have been in, I hate it when someone use poor quality fabric. I have only been on this swap for 2 months now and both blocks have been correct in size and threads clipped.

When I make my blocks, I clip the threads and measure each step of the way. If it is not right I redo the block.

my thinking is I will send material/block I would want to get in return. I ask myself is this something I would be happy with before sending anything off.

Judith1005 07-29-2013 12:48 PM

Hi All, I just wanted to thank my latest partners. My June partner was C Maureen. I received a couple of wonderful very well made blocks. They were a "bit" late. But she did acknowledge and convey her delays. Thank you Maureen. They are wonderful.

My July partner was dfelker. Her block was simple. But she used some really great fabrics. I did add an applique to personalize it a touch. I really loved it. Thanks Dorothy. It was really nice of you to leave me with a bit of interpretation of my own.

My Side Swap July partner was Janice McC. And I got the pleasure (squeal with delight) of making a couple of depression blocks for Janice. They were a blast to make. I could not stop with just one. And, I received a fabulous block for my Great Outdoors Theme and a perfect scrappy Depression block in return. I was truly blessed. Thank you so much Janice.

I posted photos in the monthly bee photo album section. (I also post them in my own photo albums in my profile.)

I am so sorry for any that are not receiving their blocks. I know how I look forward to receiving mine. It really brightens my day.

I am open for side swaps for any who would like to swap with me. Just pm me. I am extremely mindful of deadlines and try my very best to send something you would truly like to receive.

I just love the Monthly Bee Block Swap. I have received blocks that are wonderful. I look forward to trading with all of you.