Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

Oksewnsew 07-29-2013 12:49 PM

Totally agree, Create4paws....Give what you want to receive, that's how I think too...

Judith1005 07-29-2013 12:58 PM

Beautiful Batiks blocks. I really respect anyone who works with batiks. I don't know why, But working with batiks always throws me through a loop. But, they sure have some beautiful batiks and hand dyes out there. And, if I ever have you as a partner, I have a small selection of batiks put aside especially for the "Bee" block swappers.

Originally Posted by Sauki1 (Post 6201539)
These are the two great squares I received from Materialgrl for this month. They will go wonderfully in my batik quilt! [ATTACH=CONFIG]426673[/ATTACH]

Sauki1 07-29-2013 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Judith1005 (Post 6203624)
And, if I ever have you as a partner, I have a small selection of batiks put aside especially for the "Bee" block swappers.

Woot! I'm sure I won't be the only one waiting on that offer :)

rfbrazell 07-30-2013 06:31 AM

Great conversation swappers. We need to really pull up boots and take a new look at the 12 1/2 inch blocks. Agreed what was said about MAKE YOUR SWAPPERS BLOCK< JUST LIKE YOU WOULD WANT TO RECEIVE IT. I know there are always things that come up. PLEASE let your swapper know. It is the right thing to do.
Lets go and let our swap be the best one on the board.....I'm in.
Roberto
I am guilty of not cutting threads. I am so happy my swappers block is done and I want to get it in the mail.
I put a post-it on Dolly ( my sewing machine) to remind me to CUT THREADS..... Yeah
Roberto

shortmom5 07-30-2013 04:58 PM

hello everyone, I would like to participate in the swap but not sure I can. I understand that fabrics need to be pre-washed, I wash mine after quilt is completed. Would love tips on what you do, do you just buy specific fabric for the swap and wash those or what? Thanks for any advice.

CajunBear 07-31-2013 07:11 AM

I wash all my fabrics, I don't want any surprises after my quilt is made!

Hugs,
Cajun

cjr 07-31-2013 08:10 AM

I'm with CajunBear. I prewash everything. I have medical conditions that do not tolerate the chemicals put in fabrics for processing and shipping. Many others have problems also, I do not participate in swaps that do not allow prewashing. there have been many lengthy discussions on the QB regarding prewashing.

kaelynangelfoot 08-01-2013 02:11 PM

I also prewash everything, just due to the fact that then I know it is washed and ready to go. I did recently acquire a box of unwashed 10" squares and members on the board here suggested I soak them in hot water and use a salad spinner before sewing with them. You might be able to do something like that for your blocks, washing only what you will use.

rfbrazell 08-01-2013 05:25 PM

Roberto also prewash. then I spray starch before sewing. I get my starch at the dollar store.
LOL
R

Originally Posted by kaelynangelfoot (Post 6209418)
I also prewash everything, just due to the fact that then I know it is washed and ready to go. I did recently acquire a box of unwashed 10" squares and members on the board here suggested I soak them in hot water and use a salad spinner before sewing with them. You might be able to do something like that for your blocks, washing only what you will use.

createfourpaws 08-01-2013 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by rfbrazell (Post 6209718)
Roberto also prewash. then I spray starch before sewing. I get my starch at the dollar store.
LOL
R

same here, i wash and starch before hand, make a nice block. Keeps the fabric from stretching out too