Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

Lv2sew2011 07-24-2011 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by rfbrazell
You are doing GREAT, I am trying to use the light tan and beige colors for the background to tie the whole quilt together, no worries if you can't change it. OK, i just have to say this. Your work is fine and you don't have to knock your self down because everything that is made is awork of art from your heart and like I said you are doing GREAT. I am just now working on some extra swaps of black, red and white and it was paper piecing star and after 4 tries to get it right I filed it in the circular bin and started on a different star. Sometimes just moving on is better than the frustration. OK, enough preaching.
Love ya and again you are doing GREAT
R

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
And this is the result of looking dorky! LOL

And if I cut any more it will not be 12 1/2 x 12 1/2 Block :hunf:

Donna, it looks like your HST's may be set on wrong...Please make sure you are cutting the correct sizes. As you sew each section, measure to see if it's 12 1/2" before setting all rows together. Hope this helps.. Practice makes purrr-fect.. :wink:

Jean

Thanks Jean, The pattern I was using was off for some reason, so I just added a little bit more on the length on the black and it finally came out ok! Yeah! LOL

PS I could of wrote it down wrong...LOL :oops:

Great, I will look and see if I still have off white or beigh background and change the purple background to beigh or off white...

Quilting Nonnie 07-24-2011 12:37 PM

Hi to all the newbies,

Please don't worry about your beginners status or what type of blocks you can make...we've all been there. Also, I have received, and others also, nine patches for blocks. I think they add to my quilts and just having them in the right colors makes them fit into the quilt!

dotcomdtcm 07-24-2011 04:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I joined the lantern club!

Lv2sew2011 07-24-2011 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by rfbrazell
I am trying to use the light tan and beige colors for the background to tie the whole quilt together, no worries if you can't change it.R

Got the purple bkg changed to off white and they will be in the mail tomorrow, the purple measurements are off just a little bit after changing hope you will be able to work it out. Maybe just a tiny little seam on the purple. I think its about 1/16th off if I remember right. Any way enjoy and thank you for swapping with me, its been fun!
Donna

Lv2sew2011 07-24-2011 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
I joined the lantern club!

They look great dotty...

abonda 07-24-2011 07:22 PM

I changed my theme for August!!!! It's the depression block on quilters cache. Everyone can use their scraps! Thanks

abonda 07-24-2011 07:23 PM

Dot love the lanterns and Lv2sew your did a great job too. I had a hard time doing that pattern too!

seymoore 07-24-2011 07:30 PM

TwinRiverFarm, your block is going in the mail tomorrow! Hope you like it!!!

abonda 07-24-2011 07:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)

This is the block I sent Blanketyblankets for July
[ATTACH=CONFIG]231399[/ATTACH]

lindyline 07-24-2011 11:19 PM

To everyone I owe blockd to, please be patient with me, I've spent the last 3 weeks with a split open thumb, and now that it's finally healed enough for me to sew again, I last night had a light bulb moment. No not in my head, but with my pinky finger, and now I'm unable to hold needle and thread again.
And to top it all off, there are still shards of glass in it.Am trying a poultice tonight, and if it's still like it tomorrow, I'll be off to the docs. Really not looking forward to that one!!
So I am sorry, but I will get them all done, I just need a little more time. Thanks.