Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

rfbrazell 12-31-2011 06:27 PM

Happy New Year

1 Attachment(s)
Welcome back. Sometimes life just goes crazy, but sometimes things will turn around, Quiliting did for me.....Really and truly.
Shnn your blocks are awesome, you sure have a great technique and your applique is totally awesome.

HAPPY NEW YEAR all of my quilt family. Cathy is making rice krispie treats with chrused peppermints in them, the Grandkids love them, ok, I do too. and we have awesome glitter 2012 glasses to wear tonight that flew in from timesquare VIA NY from a Diva Lady that has it going on.....Happy New Year Sis.
R and C and the Grandkids.....

Originally Posted by hsquiltingmom (Post 4828724)
Hi everyone,

I haven't been participating in the exchange for a while, things just got really crazy for a while. So, I am back and wishing you all a happy new year. Also, I think there are some people I owe some blocks to, but can't find my list, so if you are one of those people, please pm me and let me know.

Thanks

shnnn 12-31-2011 06:57 PM

Thank Robert - I try :) and I totally agree, quilting sure saved my sanity this year (hubby told one of my friends a few months ago "I think I broke her, all she does is sew") I am very glad to see this year ending! Here's hoping everyone has a fantastic year to come!

sapdoggie 12-31-2011 06:58 PM

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL !!!!!

May 2012 bring joy and happiness to all and more time for quilting !

nattoddboyd 12-31-2011 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by rfbrazell (Post 4827631)
Hey Nat, That is awesome, I'm sure she will be such a great quilter like her Mum...... Please tell Gemma to keep with it and have FUN......I think I will get a care package to her... Every new quilter needs some inspiration.....LOL.
Happy New Year......
All the best
R

Thanks Robert, she loves getting on her sewing machine and has so many ideas. It is so great to see her having fun sewing! You are right, inspiration really helps. We have a family sewing day at least once a month and she loves being a part of it and seeing what each of us make.
Hope you have a great new year Nat

nattoddboyd 12-31-2011 07:13 PM

I am glad to hear that I also thought it was a wonderful gift! She will have it for along time. My husband thought it was great as well as it is the first christmas in a long time that he hasnt had to put something together(last year was a cubbyhouse,it took weeks to put up)

nattoddboyd 12-31-2011 07:47 PM

Blocks I have recieved!

4 Attachment(s)
Blocks that I recieved in October/November. Sorry for the late posting! Love them all.

ljdugas31 12-31-2011 10:31 PM

Happy New Year!!! And sewing has made my life great,love this board and all my sewing friends, Robert take care and you and cathy have a great 2012 i feel wonderful things are in the new year for you both!!!

bibliostone 01-01-2012 08:32 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Received two pretty stars from my December partner, SarahFitz.

Block 1 received
[ATTACH=CONFIG]299364[/ATTACH]

block 2 received
[ATTACH=CONFIG]299365[/ATTACH]

Below are the blocks I sent to SarahFitz.

block 1 sent
[ATTACH=CONFIG]299366[/ATTACH]

block 2 sent
[ATTACH=CONFIG]299367[/ATTACH]

paintmejudy 01-01-2012 10:23 AM

Hello, all, and Happy New Year. Hope this will be a wonderful year for every one.

I have taken a break from the BOM (but do miss it, I will be back soon) to catch up on all the UFOs floating around in my sewing room. But I had to get involved in this paper piecing project. It is a block a week that you make for yourself. Click on this link and take a look. This is the first week we have been posting.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html

Krisb 01-01-2012 03:17 PM

Jean, that block is so cute, although it hasn't arrived yet. Now I,m just anxiously waiting for the mail every day.