Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

oldcatlady 01-08-2012 05:33 PM

What a pretty block!

shnnn 01-09-2012 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by nancylee (Post 4853798)
Can I still join this swap? Thanks,
Nancy

There are instructions on the 1st page of this thread to join :)

P Quilty 01-09-2012 12:28 PM

Hello all

I need to make a baby quilt and the request is sunflowers. I can not find a sunflower design for a baby quilt any where. If any of you know of a link or have any ideas I would greatly appreciate them. I need to get on this as I have had just to much fun making these monthly blocks. PM me if you have any suggestions

thanks all
Patty
P Quilty

rfbrazell 01-09-2012 12:42 PM

I have madea toddlers quilt with a muttled soft green background and made some dresden plates in shades of bright yellow, gold and light oranges and the center of a dark brown, used green 1 inch bias tape for the stems and some fusible applique leaves and then added a couple of Lady bugs to the qult and used a very small blanket stitch to apllique them down. It was really easy.
R

Originally Posted by P Quilty (Post 4858491)
Hello all

I need to make a baby quilt and the request is sunflowers. I can not find a sunflower design for a baby quilt any where. If any of you know of a link or have any ideas I would greatly appreciate them. I need to get on this as I have had just to much fun making these monthly blocks. PM me if you have any suggestions

thanks all
Patty
P Quilty

rfbrazell 01-09-2012 12:47 PM

'au revoir, salut, à la prochaine, à bientôt'
Have a great time. You will be the queen of Paris. Shop those sales girl.
Can't wait to hear about your travels. When will you be back?
You deserve this trip.
Give Paris a kiss for us, Cathy says tell her hello (Paris the city)......not the Hilton. LOL
R

terriamn 01-09-2012 06:37 PM

Winterfun, I received your great blocks, love the colors. Thanks so much. Hope you received my block, it was sent last Tuesday.

Terriamn

cjr 01-09-2012 06:57 PM

Hip, hip horray!!!! I am all caught up on block swaps I think. If I owe you a block an dyou are not on list below please contact me. I tried new tecniques on a couple. They were sent first class so wiil take a couple of days to reach you.

Foxflower extra Dec swap mailed

RettieV grama Extra Nov swap mailed

Iquilttoo Dec swap mailed

Robert (Fabuloso) extra Dec block mailed

emc1118 Jan swap partner maild

I hope everyone likes what i ended up doing.

Quiltingly,
cjr

Foxflower 01-10-2012 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by P Quilty (Post 4858491)
Hello all

thanks all
Patty
P Quilty

I immediately thought of dresden plates as well. However, here is a pattern from Clotilde.com that you could use to make a beautiful baby quilt. The dimensions are nearly correct already. Colors changes and small adjustments of size would be easy. I think it would make a beautiful sunflower baby quilt......http://www.clotilde.com/detail.html?...eria=sunflower Also, there is a lot of sunflower fabrics available, but I think a pattern such as the above is cuter.

Oksewnsew 01-10-2012 11:06 AM

Raya69, I have your block ready to drop in the mailbox. Do you want me to post a picture or let it be a surprise? (if you don't like it, just PM me, lolo) I love this Bee swap....Thanks Shirley.

Sew Hugs
Jean

winterfun 01-10-2012 11:48 AM

Terriamn, I received your block and Love it! Thanks so much!