Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

Difergie 01-06-2012 04:46 PM

Working on my partner!s block..love seeing the pictures you all post..

wanabquilter 01-06-2012 06:04 PM

Thank You! worked like a charm you were very helpful.

wanabquilter 01-06-2012 06:07 PM

I belive that I have caugth up on all the blocks that were due to friends in here. But if for some reason I still owe you a block, Please let me know so that I can get one to you.

wanabquilter 01-06-2012 06:25 PM

I had this idea and I want to run it by ya all, and see what you think.

I am thinking of my quilt for this year being a calendar, Twelve blocks, twelev months. That being said what if each month I get a block that is for that month. Jan=winter,Feb=valetine day, March=St Paddy. etc.
what do you think and it can be a scrappy quilt at that. I think my grandchildren will love it. They get so much enjoyment seeing the new blocks that come in every month.

My grand daugther is 5. Is she too young to let her have a needle and thread at my house to sew pieces of fabric together? She loves fabric even, when she was 1 1/2 to 2. She loves to hold fabric and feel it, and going to the quilt shops to pick out fabric. I can not tell you how many fat quarters I have that she has picked out.

Foxflower 01-06-2012 06:53 PM

Wanab, she's not too young! Teach her the running stitch etc. I am teaching stitches to my 6 year old and her 5 year old friend. They both do fine. The 5 year old pays attention and does really well with it. They are learning to use machines too. My daughter has started her first quilt, a 9 patch. Getting a correct 1/4" seam is a challenge for her, but then she just learns to use the seam ripper. It's all good. She asked for sewing stuff for Christmas. Your granddaughter will treasure the skills she learns from you just as I treasure the skills I learned from my grandmothers. I say go for it!

bibliostone 01-06-2012 06:53 PM

Sounds like a good plan, especially now when each month we can let our partner know what kind of block we want instead of MadeinMaine making the changes to our theme.

Originally Posted by wanabquilter (Post 4849705)
I had this idea and I want to run it by ya all, and see what you think.

I am thinking of my quilt for this year being a calendar, Twelve blocks, twelev months. That being said what if each month I get a block that is for that month. Jan=winter,Feb=valetine day, March=St Paddy. etc.
what do you think and it can be a scrappy quilt at that. I think my grandchildren will love it. They get so much enjoyment seeing the new blocks that come in every month.

My grand daugther is 5. Is she too young to let her have a needle and thread at my house to sew pieces of fabric together? She loves fabric even, when she was 1 1/2 to 2. She loves to hold fabric and feel it, and going to the quilt shops to pick out fabric. I can not tell you how many fat quarters I have that she has picked out.

coconuts 01-06-2012 08:52 PM

Hope to post a couple of blocks. Everyone's are so pretty.

cuppy 01-07-2012 01:57 AM

Cajun Bear,

I have finished with your January monthly quilting bee block! I will be mailing your block out on Monday!

Cuppy

dotcomdtcm 01-07-2012 06:23 AM

Let us all send Roberto Fabuloso & Generoso, and Cathy, a St Patrick's Day block for their anniversary on March 17.
So many of us enjoy his good will and beautiful work. Dotty

Oksewnsew 01-07-2012 09:07 AM

Oh I love that idea Dotty...let's do that, that's a brilliant idea. I do so love his Santas that he sends me.

Jean

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm (Post 4850806)
Let us all send Roberto Fabuloso & Generoso, and Cathy, a St Patrick's Day block for their anniversary on March 17.
So many of us enjoy his good will and beautiful work. Dotty