Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

rfbrazell 05-14-2011 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
Here's an extra swap with shnnn. Flames? flames!

Girl you are on fire....LOL
Looks great

rfbrazell 05-14-2011 05:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Crafty 3790
Here is your extra may swap I hope you like it.
I chose the king of the birds for you. The Royal Peacock.
I fused a piece of silk crepe onto a piece of muslin and embroidered it with my 10 year old brother embroidery machine and then stippled it in gold metalic thread to keep in the bond with the muslin.then made the 3 1/2 inch square triangles and finished it off. The picture didn't come out good for the colors but the green is actually a faux peacock feather fabric and the tropical blue completed the peacock block, and it was taken with light behind it so it shows the seams in the pic. Sorry
Robert

JanetWall 05-14-2011 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by rfbrazell
Crafty 3790
I fused a piece of silk crepe onto a piece of muslin and embroidered it with my 10 year old brother embroidery machine and then stippled it in gold metalic thread to keep in the bond with the muslin.then made the 3 1/2 inch square triangles and finished it off. The picture didn't come out good for the colors but the green is actually a faux peacock feather fabric and the tropical blue completed the peacock block, and it was taken with light behind it so it shows the seams in the pic. Sorry
Robert

Looks Great.

lindyline 05-14-2011 07:47 PM

So glad you liked the turtle. He was a fun one to do.Declare them as scraps is fine, after all, they are just scraps sewn into a block, albeit sometimes a great block!!

Speaking of great blocks, Robert that peacock is superb, so realistic.

Originally Posted by jetnica
So, I wander to my mailbox today, hoping for no bils, when this guy shows up. I'm pretty sure he might be my favorite ever.

Thank you lindyline. I'm sending you a little something extra. I hope you like it. I'm going to the post office Monday.

Oh! I'm supposed to declare them as scraps right? Or samples? Which way is best?

Jessica

(edited to add: fromzstore - watch for your block too - I'm super proud of this one!

Crafty3790 05-15-2011 02:26 AM

I absolutely love it you did a beautiful job I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Crafty3790 05-15-2011 02:27 AM

That turtle is amazing love it.

materialgrl 05-15-2011 07:36 AM

All of these are so lovely,what a crafty group to belong to.

rfbrazell 05-15-2011 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Crafty3790
I absolutely love it you did a beautiful job I can't wait to get my hands on it.

I am so glad you like. I really had fun doing this block for you.
R

Veronica 05-15-2011 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by rfbrazell
Crafty 3790
Robert

Robert, that is one gorgeous block.
I do hope I never get your name as a swap partner, because I would be to ashamed to send you a block. :lol: Veronica

suziehammond 05-15-2011 06:14 PM

That is one fabulous block! Good for you on such creativity!