Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-version-lll-t231362.html)

Lv2sew2011 09-11-2014 06:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My partner should of gotten her block already so thought I would share it and hope I did it right....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]491236[/ATTACH]

marilyn43 09-12-2014 07:54 AM

I really like this. I love these string quilt blocks.

Oksewnsew 09-12-2014 04:46 PM

Ladies, I do appreciate everyone posting that they are in touch with their partners, and seeing the blocks that are being sent/posted. Sorry to have to post this but, I am hearing from a few that they have sent blocks, but have not heard nor received anything from their previous partners. This is NOT good! If you are going to be in this swap, it is expected of all to make and send blocks to their assigned partners. If you cannot fulfill your obligation for a certain month, at least let ME know and I will try to either assign a new partner or I will take on making a block for that person. This is a swap, which means partners are assigned, you keep in touch with each other and SEND blocks. It's just not fair to folks that take the time to make a block, send it, then not receive anything in exchange! PLEASE, let your partners know what is going on, if there is no communication, I am going to take it that you don't want in the swap.

Please step up to the plate, so to speak, and keep in touch.

Jean

dfelker 09-15-2014 01:22 PM

I heard from MadeinMaine! So excited to get started :)

I have to say that this group has taught me ALOT-having NEVER made quilting blocks to exchange before or reading a pattern as some of my block partners required. I have only had one partner who I felt was too critical and borderline rude. If we are paired again, I will graciously accept it & work to knock her socks off on something more than a 9 patch. I have had 1 partner flake out and Jean stepped in and has been very positive and uplifting. I am glad that I stuck it out. If I hadn't I wouldn't have had the pleasure of sideswapping with Judith1005, getting the practice of measuring measuring measuring and let's not forget, getting to know my seam ripper as a permanent attachment/growth to my hand. I may not be as experienced as most but I keep doing what makes me happy and I know if I keep at it I can only get better.

Thank you Jean for being a Great Host and Ladies, Thank you for enduring my blocks!
:)

dotcomdtcm 09-16-2014 12:16 PM

I've been in this swap for a long time. We have had very few stinkers. I'm not a super quilter, but if I disappointed
anyone, they were too gracious to complain. Thank you all.

Oksewnsew 09-16-2014 01:00 PM

Thanks Dfleker, I am trying to do my best keeping everyone in line..lol This is for ALL, IF you get a partner that does not do her obligation, or messes up a block totally - PLEASE do not hesitate letting me know. The Bee is supposed to be a fun place to swap blocks, ideas and learning new things. Don't do without a block just because your partner didn't hold up her end!! it's not fair, I will either make you a block or will have one of my 'helpers' make one for you. If swappers do not keep in touch with each other or moi`, when a month rolls around and there's been no communication, I will not include them in the next swap.. I am aware of a few that have sent their blocks, but still have not heard from their partners, come on ladies, do your part, this isn't just a one-way swap!

This is a fun swap, let's keep it that way. ;o)
Jean

hairquilt 09-16-2014 07:01 PM

Just now had time to post that I sent my block to Sauki1 yesterday. Repeats are nice Jean!

JuneBillie 09-19-2014 01:20 PM

Sent out my quilt block to Likethedog, and she sent mine out yesterday. :)

terriamn 09-19-2014 06:04 PM

Will be working on Kat's Kid's block this week. Have pattern picked and received clarification on colors so ready to go. Terriamn

dotcomdtcm 09-20-2014 05:57 AM

So pleased to have just the right fabric & pattern for my new partner. But the block I made is less than perfect. OH no!!
I hate making it over. But I will. My Guild is collecting doll quilts for abused girls, so lst block will not go to waste.