Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-version-lll-t231362.html)

dfelker 08-20-2015 10:25 AM

Did they get partners?
I received a wonderful Quilt Block from my partner and will be sending mine out to her next week. This months has just flown by. :D

Oksewnsew 08-20-2015 11:13 AM

Yes they did. Had another one that the partner didn't communicate, so Marilyn is exchanging with her.. Hopefully everyone else is happily exchanging. ;o)

jacquie 08-20-2015 12:16 PM

Just curious, the ladies that don't communicate... do they become 'dropped' until they get back in touch with you? Just incase another lady doesn't end up in the same situation... without a proper partner???
Thanks, xx J xx

Oksewnsew 08-20-2015 03:43 PM

Jacquie, I hope this answers your question:

If a month goes by and partners do not make contact, either with their assigned partner OR me, then I will not include the person not responding the next month. It's just not fair to the one waiting to hear if their partner is on vacation, illness, even personal stuff, to set and wait and not receive word of what's going on. I realize things happen to all of us, and some don't get on the computer a lot, but if you join a swap, and you know the partners are assigned on the 1st, then you should take time to check and make contact with your partner asap - OR me to what's going on. If you are going to be in a swap, then you are expected to follow the 'rules'. When I hear that someone has not made contact by the middle of the month, then I either have to fill in, or find another person that will do an extra swap.

Jean

jacquie 08-21-2015 12:59 AM

Jean, that's great... You answered it perfectly :)
I agree, things do crop up in life, we're all here for the love of sewing, meeting people and fun! I love the camaraderie that goes hand in hand with forums like this.
All you hosts make these swaps etc a great place to come and meet people with the fun of 'cotton time' thrown in.
Thank you for all that you do :)
xxx

dotcomdtcm 08-22-2015 12:58 PM

Hi Jean,

I'd like to sign up for the Sept swap. Please keep my in mind! Dotty

dotcomdtcm 08-22-2015 12:59 PM

PS Always willing to be an angel.

Oksewnsew 08-22-2015 02:47 PM

OH GREAT, Dotty, glad to have you back in the swap. I definitely have you added, and will keep you in mind for being an 'angel' too, (of course we know you are anyway - :thumbup: ) Hope you're doing well.

Oksewnsew 08-28-2015 08:20 PM

Marilyn43 and Terriamn, your blocks are going out in mail tomorrow. I am so sorry to be this late - doesn't speak well of the 'leader' does it? (don't you ans. that, lolo). Ya'all won't believe what's been going on at my house for last 5 wks! My daughter, 2 kids 8 & 9, 4 more animals had to move in with me for a while! They've had to set up a bedrm, so to speak, in my double garage! It used to be my sewing area, has air conditioner, heater, ceiling fan and carpet, so not too bad to hold up. They had to move rather suddenly (long story), and had nowhere to go, her DH is staying with his sister. SOOOO, it's been rather hairy around here to say the very least. They have a house now, moving stuff out of storage tomorrow and hopefully they will be outa here by 1st or so. Love them to pieces, but what else could I do but let them stay here? But I tell you, when you're used to being (almost alone-Mom lives w/me, she's 96+), it's really hard taking in 3 others + animals. Think I'll throw a party for ONE when things settle down!!! SO, anyway, that's why I'm late in sending out my blocks. I hope you both like them. :)

dotcomdtcm 08-29-2015 04:58 AM

I just deconstructed my lovely sewing studio, so my son could move home. He will finish his thesis and then be a traveling
scholar in Saigon until his funding runs out. He is a fiction writer and wonderful company. But I am used to being alone, my schedule, my space. I totally empathize. How great that you had space for your family. They will make their new home cozy with lots of quilts! Be good to yourself! Dotty