Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-version-lll-t231362.html)

Oksewnsew 08-29-2015 06:15 AM

Thanks Dotty. It's definitely difficult, but whacha gonna do? My DGD is 8 and she's had a hard time, "afraid 'Gramma' is gonna get tired of them and kick them out". Her mama and I have both told her, things might get a little stressed but NO, I won't kick them "to the curb".. Hopefully she'll settle down when they get in the house. They stayed here today while Mom & Dad went to move stuff. Unfortunately they are moving about 45 mins from here!! so doubt I'll be making the trip very often!! This is where her DH has wanted to move her for years! He thinks we're too close - P on him!!! But, I'll just set in the background and keep my mouth shut! We gotta do what we gotta do, right? :rolleyes:

terriamn 08-29-2015 09:29 AM

No problem Owensew. My oldest has been here visiting also and I understand totally what it is like when your routine and life style is changed. She left on business and will be back in a week for another week. Then life should settle back down in our household. The older I have gotten the more I appreciate what others might call a dull and boring life :thumbup:

marilyn43 08-29-2015 12:53 PM

Oh Jean do not worry about being late. I myself just got back in town. We've been in Kearny Neb. Our son in law was diagnosed with a tumor growing out of the bone in his spine. The Drs. have not ever seen that. So we picked up and went right out there. They think they got it all but he's going to go through radiation to be safe. I'm all done with your just have to mail it. So I'm also sorry that it's going to be late. When we are alone for a time and then extras move in it can be trial for awhile and yes we do love our kids and gr.kids. At least we open our door for them some parents, grandparents don't. So don't you worry my dear.

Lv2sew2011 08-30-2015 11:42 AM

Just letting my partner for September that as of 5th of September (my birthday). That I will be leaving the State to go to California for my Grandsons Graduation from Marine Corps Bootcamp....and I will be gone for a week.....We are so proud of him and want to be there to cheer him on! I miss him so much.

huskyquilter 08-30-2015 05:35 PM

I'm mailing my august block tomorrow to missgiggle, I apologize for the lateness as well. I'm going to have to sit out next month. :( just don't have the time, but I'll be watching for pictures!

dfelker 08-31-2015 06:02 AM

I will mailing my block out tomorrow morning. I tell ya, this month flew by with all of the things life threw at us.

Oksewnsew 08-31-2015 07:40 AM

Boy, isn't THAT the truth! Not only did this month fly by, this whole year has just gone! My son mentioned it the other day about how fast this year flew by (and says, has nothing to do with age-lolo). I have a few more days of family being here, then hoping for some sort of 'normal'...lolo I have managed to get some sewing & embroidering done tho, so not all has been lost..lol

Texastam 08-31-2015 10:10 AM

Mine will also be late I have talked with my partner. I have a pregnant daughter who is having complications in her 7th month. I have been traveling back and forth from my house in DFW to Lubbock, she is also moving into a new house during all this and I am in another Rheumatoid flare as well. It has been a very rough couple of weeks around here. :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

sunrise450 09-01-2015 06:35 AM

Looks like everybody is busy, including me. Sept. and Oct. are birthday months. 2 daughters in September and a daughter and my DH in October. I have finished an afghan (crochet) for Becky for Sept. 16 and am almost finished one for another daughter, Janet for Sept 18th. Then I have a quilt going for Tracy for Oct.2, and have a quilt in store for my DH whose birthday is Oct. 20th. Actually my quilt for DH is almost finished, just have two star blocks then the final sewing together. He may get the flimsy now and the quilting later.
I wasn't in the Aug. blocks, but am returning this month. Everything kind of piled up emotionally and I just had to crawl into a dark corner and curl up. Feeling sorry for myself? You bet, big time!
That's over now and I am raring to go with this month's block.
Back to crocheting, you all have a great day!

Oksewnsew 09-01-2015 07:58 AM

Sorry the list isn't out yet....I plan on finishing it up today. As ya'all read, things have been rather hairy around here the past month, I start things then somehow get off track! Gee, wonder why...haha