Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-version-lll-t231362.html)

Elisabrat 11-04-2013 08:49 PM

CA earth quakes are not all that scary most of the time, key word.. you get used to them.. 5.0 is not bad at all just a shake up.. but 7.0 is a different story all together. We didn't get many of those big ones so they surprise even CA people when they hit. You learn to keep things tied to the wall, don't stand under a shelf of bottles :) and such and never hang anything heavy over your bed or an area that you spend a lot of time so if it falls you don't crack your head.

thanks for answering my question on blocks now I am in the know.. unless I forget again lol.

Elisabrat 11-04-2013 08:54 PM

your quake was 3.9 on the usgs site .. sounds like that is pretty much bigger than you usually get?

Oksewnsew 11-04-2013 09:10 PM

Well, they've had upwards of 5, but not often. They just give you a start tho, don't they...It just sounds like the roof is coming off! The news guy said 3.9, but he said geologists said it was rating it as a 4.0 - either way, I don't like the feeling..lolo We're in for lots of rain later tonite and tomorrow, got my running done today, so I'll just be an ol' sewnsew tomorrow..lol Then Wed. is a winter blast (they call it - if you want to say 50's is winter!!)..lolo

Oksewnsew 11-04-2013 10:44 PM

As if this night wasn't bad enough - I let Zoe` (my Boxer) out about qtr to 12am, and there's a *$#^# skunk walking across the yd, and yep, Zoe` got incensed!!!! right in the face... Bless her heart, she was just 'doin' her thing when it walked past her and up went that **&^ tail!!! She came running in and went straight to the bathrm! She knew what was coming - and would you believe I had just gotten tomato juice today, FOR CHILI! or whatever!!! Got her washed down and towel dried. She's still upset, but smells pretty good. lol NOW the house stinks! Here it is 12:42am and door's open, fans on high! What an evening - but I shall overcome..lolo

Difergie 11-05-2013 04:30 AM

Ok you are having way too much excitement!

Sauki1 11-05-2013 05:01 AM

Wow, what a night :shock:

dotcomdtcm 11-05-2013 05:04 AM

I have an extra Christmas block. I will send it to you, no trade needed.
How about silk autumn leaves for your decor?

sunrise450 11-05-2013 11:56 AM

My partner and I have got together and happy happy day, we can get our block done now. I am working on a bedspread quilt for my bed right now. Let's see..................my bed that I share with my DH. and two bostons. Sometimes they let me sleep on the bed, most of the time I end up right on the edge.
sigh..............isn't life wonderful.........
By the way I grew up in Oakland, across the bay from San Francisco. Earthquakes terrify me. I've been through so many and just never got used to them. You don't really think of them until one hits, then the terror starts. One time in Alameda, we had a pretty big one and my kids were on opposite sides of the house and I just stood there watching the chandeler swing back and forth. I couldn't make up my mind which child to go get. And then the aftershocks............

sunrise450 11-05-2013 06:04 PM

I received a FQ swap but who ever sent it didn't send a screen name. I am posting a picture. I hope that who ever sent these FQ's will give their screen name so I know who to thank. These are really beautiful and I thank you.

sunrise450 11-05-2013 06:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are FQ's I received yesterday. Who ever sent these please let us know. They are really beautiful and I thank you.