Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-version-lll-t231362.html)

Elisabrat 02-05-2014 06:16 AM

He does great work doesn't he? bravo Robert!

Themamahauser is mean and evil and oh ok fine no she is not she is also my friend and I too am very fortunate to call her this. She does terrific work and you will just love her Retiredfirechief! I have worked with her on two round robins and boy her piecing is on target every single time. You won the grand lotto this month!!!

Now onto ME. I am frozen solid. One big frozen brick of me! its -20 this morning and will not go above -6 today. Lucky us. And I have to GO OUT IN THIS? yikes! My DH has opened the front door TWICE this morning to stand out on the porch and smoke. That is one mean addiction if you are willing to hang out in that weather! I plan to sew all afternoon in my nice warm home. Now that is a great idea I think!

Jenniky 02-05-2014 07:49 AM

I really love the bunnies. They are so cute Robert. Well done and thanks for sharing your awesome work.

rfbrazell 02-05-2014 08:26 AM

Thanks Jenniky

Its a baby blanket for a young mom at our church. Shes having a troubling pregnency but everything is ok.
She and her husband and didn't want to know if it is a girl or boy, so I did the only thing I could do. Green, yellow, blue and pink. LOL and the white rabbits.........
Glad you liked it.
R

Elisabrat 02-05-2014 01:51 PM

well I made it.. ventured out and hurried home again. And didn't even develop frost bite or turn into a yard statue for the birds to land on. Phew!

I finished your blocks partner! I am sending them onto you in the morning so look out for then early next week!

lynnie 02-05-2014 04:06 PM

beautiful blocks as always Roberto. love seeing what you're doing

TheMamaHauser 02-05-2014 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 6556975)
well I made it.. ventured out and hurried home again. And didn't even develop frost bite or turn into a yard statue for the birds to land on. Phew!

I finished your blocks partner! I am sending them onto you in the morning so look out for then early next week!

We hit -45 today. I have not been able to do anything with my hair other than a simple braid because it's so cold that if I wear it down, I get haircicles and they break. If I wear it up in a bun, the bun freezes and I get a migraine before I even get to school. My husband says, "You could blow dry your hair, dear." Quite frankly, that's too much work and would require me waking up even earlier for school. I have sacrificed beauty for sleep (isn't it usually the other way around?).

Be thankful you're not wearing skirts and hanging out in a 3-story brick building whose boilers go on the fritz with regularity.

terriamn 02-05-2014 07:12 PM

I have plenty to do also, working on boom 11 blocks Terriamn

frenchfryqueen 02-06-2014 10:46 AM

Kelly-- Oh my gosh, YES. I'm so glad you get it too!! I couldn't tell you the last time I dried my hair. I'm guessing it was sometime in 2011. I pull it up into a bun when I go outside, then on my way to work in the mornings, I turn on the heat full blast and dry it as much as possible.

No one else gets it! I have really thick hair, so it would take an extra hour (at least!) to dry it. No thank you!

Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser (Post 6557384)
We hit -45 today. I have not been able to do anything with my hair other than a simple braid because it's so cold that if I wear it down, I get haircicles and they break. If I wear it up in a bun, the bun freezes and I get a migraine before I even get to school. My husband says, "You could blow dry your hair, dear." Quite frankly, that's too much work and would require me waking up even earlier for school. I have sacrificed beauty for sleep (isn't it usually the other way around?).

Be thankful you're not wearing skirts and hanging out in a 3-story brick building whose boilers go on the fritz with regularity.

JuanitaBean 02-06-2014 10:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Terriamn got your block today LOVE IT. Thanks

JuneBillie 02-06-2014 11:26 PM

Oh that is a pretty block.

I don't want any -45. Wow! lol...