Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   November/December 2009 Doll Quilt Swap (with a secret twist!) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/november-december-2009-doll-quilt-swap-secret-twist-t27206.html)

quiltease 11-30-2009 06:18 AM

Okay Rhonda, now I know where to go on my next vacation! Oh, wait, I don't get a vacaton. Shoot. Guess I'll just have to visit the shop in my daydreams............
bev. :] Oh, BTW, you joined on my birthday. Maybe I will visit after all!

Rhonda 11-30-2009 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by quiltease
Okay Rhonda, now I know where to go on my next vacation! Oh, wait, I don't get a vacaton. Shoot. Guess I'll just have to visit the shop in my daydreams............
bev. :] Oh, BTW, you joined on my birthday. Maybe I will visit after all!

You're welcome anytime Quiltease!! That makes your birthday easier to remember for me!! That is my sister in laws bd too. She'll be 53 next march.

Just think of all the fun you would have at the Dutchman's store!! There is a sister store also. Owned by the same people but the fabric in the Rutledge store is somewhat differant than at Dutchman's. Still fabric I haven't seen elsewhere. Cantril(Dutchman's) is 45 mins from us and Rutledge is about an hour and a half from us but well worth the trip!! The Rutledge store is down in a hole and a holler as my daddy used to say. It is in Missouri and some of the roads are really narrow and dip alot. It can be an adventure getting there!

SulaBug 11-30-2009 11:20 AM

These Doll Quilts keep getting
prettier & prettier!! :D Great
work everyone!!
:D :D :D

sandpat 11-30-2009 04:12 PM

I sent mine off...I got a notice from the PO that it was delivered on the 25th...I haven't seen anything posted though. I sure hope it was ok! :?:

amma 11-30-2009 04:17 PM

Oooo Rhonda...that fabric is gorgeous :D :D :D

gaigai 11-30-2009 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
I sent mine off...I got a notice from the PO that it was delivered on the 25th...I haven't seen anything posted though. I sure hope it was ok! :?:

Aw, Patti, I know you and know that it is better than ok. I'm sure that the recipient is either away and hasn't opened it, or is still drooling. I can't wait to see it either.

I see that mine was delivered today. Hoping she likes it. It was fun to make.

sandpat 11-30-2009 04:24 PM

Just call me a worry wart Gai.....It could have fallen apart for all I know...I did find a little piece of it on my sewing room carpet today.... :oops:

gaigai 11-30-2009 04:29 PM

Just call me a worry wart Gai.....It could have fallen apart for all I know...I did find a little piece of it on my sewing room carpet today.... :oops:

Naw, that was just a scrap that the horses snorted in! LOL And I understand about the worry wart thing. Don't we all agonize over the reaction our quilts will get, when if we were REALLY honest with ourselves we know that they will definitely be loved no matter what? I'm guilty! Mainly because I feel that I'm the impostor in this group of wonderful quilters!

Rhonda 11-30-2009 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by gaigai

Naw, that was just a scrap that the horses snorted in! LOL And I understand about the worry wart thing. Don't we all agonize over the reaction our quilts will get, when if we were REALLY honest with ourselves we know that they will definitely be loved no matter what? I'm guilty! Mainly because I feel that I'm the impostor in this group of wonderful quilters!

Now now Gai you're supposed to say I'm darn good and I know it!!! You need to be positive and hold your head up proudly!! You're a quilter after all!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

gaigai 11-30-2009 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
[Now now Gai you're supposed to say I'm darn good and I know it!!! You need to be positive and hold your head up proudly!! You're a quilter after all!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, but Rhonda, not all of us (meaning me) are as talented as you are!!

:-P