Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilts-quilters-swap-open-til-15-dec-2011-a-t159331.html)

Foxflower 08-30-2012 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by lindy-2 (Post 5480179)
I can do the four blocks for the center but would blocks with smaller sqares look better? kind off like a chain?i found some fabrics that look good a focal for the center that has lavender and pale blue and a pale purply blue one and a light purple and a white tot for the background

You could make a double or triple irish chain and use the stars as the focal point. This would make the quilt 56" sq. without a border. You would need to make the stars unfinished at 10.5", add the border pieces of 2.5" and then make 14.5" 49-patches with 2.5" squares. Does this make sense? Then you don't have to worry about setting triangles. You'd need 8 star blocks and 8 49-patch blocks. That's just and idea using your ideas that also works well with scrappy and white-on-white background. Let me know when to contribute for caroline's quilt. Sounds like Lindy's is covered. Good job ladies.

Annaquilts 08-30-2012 09:22 PM

Lindy, I like the chain idea. It sounds nice. Go for it.
You are the only one doing those blocks so as long as the pattern is the same and fabrics blend with the rest it should be good.

Originally Posted by lindy-2 (Post 5480179)
I can do the four blocks for the center but would blocks with smaller sqares look better? kind off like a chain?i found some fabrics that look good a focal for the center that has lavender and pale blue and a pale purply blue one and a light purple and a white tot for the background

Annaquilts 08-30-2012 09:24 PM

Thank you foxflower but I think we are out of the gates already beyond the point of return and working on this. I am trusting it will all look good.

Originally Posted by Foxflower (Post 5480236)
You could make a double or triple irish chain and use the stars as the focal point. This would make the quilt 56" sq. without a border. You would need to make the stars unfinished at 10.5", add the border pieces of 2.5" and then make 14.5" 49-patches with 2.5" squares. Does this make sense? Then you don't have to worry about setting triangles. You'd need 8 star blocks and 8 49-patch blocks. That's just and idea using your ideas that also works well with scrappy and white-on-white background. Let me know when to contribute for caroline's quilt. Sounds like Lindy's is covered. Good job ladies.

Linda58 08-31-2012 04:59 AM

I would be willing to cover 50% of the cost of shipping. Please will someone PM me and let me know where to send it and if you accept PayPal. So happy that I can help get her quilt to the UK.

Linda58

lindy-2 08-31-2012 05:50 AM

ok will start on them asap

Originally Posted by Annaquilts (Post 5480493)
Lindy, I like the chain idea. It sounds nice. Go for it.
You are the only one doing those blocks so as long as the pattern is the same and fabrics blend with the rest it should be good.

Annaquilts 08-31-2012 07:41 AM

Linda58 that is extremely generous of you. Thank you! I will PM you soon.

Originally Posted by Linda58 (Post 5480828)
I would be willing to cover 50% of the cost of shipping. Please will someone PM me and let me know where to send it and if you accept PayPal. So happy that I can help get her quilt to the UK.

Linda58

Annaquilts 08-31-2012 07:43 AM

Thank you Lindy! Just pm me to let me know when they are done. I had some one contact me to help out with some of the stars too.It sounds like we are off to a good start.

Originally Posted by lindy-2 (Post 5480894)
ok will start on them asap

nclauri 08-31-2012 12:42 PM

Hi,

I was not a part of this swap. I wanted to sign up but the timing wasn't right. I just read most of the posts and see you are needing a quilt. I just finished a quilt - modern style - that I would be willing to donate if you need it. It is primary red, yellow, orange, lime green, teal, gray. It is quilted on my domestic sewing machine in a meandering stitch. Let me know. The fabric is Half Moon Modern by Moda.

Lauri
[email protected]

Annaquilts 08-31-2012 02:10 PM

Hi Lauri,

That is so sweet of you.
I think there might possibly one more person that has not recieved a quilt. I am sure Jillaine, the swap coordinator, will contact you if this is the case. My story is just such, one of a donated quilt by some one not in the swap (ccarter) when my original swap partner dropped out. My quilt means so much to me and I use it daily.Thank you for offering. Like I wrote, Jillaine will probably contact you if it there is still another person.

Quilty hugs

watterstide 08-31-2012 03:49 PM

​That is so sweet of you!

Originally Posted by nclauri (Post 5481697)
Hi,

I was not a part of this swap. I wanted to sign up but the timing wasn't right. I just read most of the posts and see you are needing a quilt. I just finished a quilt - modern style - that I would be willing to donate if you need it. It is primary red, yellow, orange, lime green, teal, gray. It is quilted on my domestic sewing machine in a meandering stitch. Let me know. The fabric is Half Moon Modern by Moda.

Lauri
[email protected]