Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/quilts-quilters-swap-open-til-15-dec-2011-a-t159331.html)

Whigrose 05-16-2012 04:31 PM

Oh QuilterMomma... I got 'the' call today :-) Will be picking up your quilt from the LA tomorrow. She has to snip the gazillion hundred threads that are on the back.

Driving home today we passed her shop. Lynn (the LA) has spread the quilt across the top of her quilting frame which in just inside a huge window for all the world to see.

We didn't stop (although dh offered).Thinking about it now, I wished we had just to take a picture. The colors just popped; it was so brillant all spread out like it is, the brick shop, lots of warm wood and great lighting. I missed a great photo opp. Whaaa....

She said it is fabulous and CANNOT believe I am 'giving' it away.

Be still my wildly beating heart.

best,
d

yayaquilts 05-17-2012 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by jillaine (Post 5221659)
hand quilting? wow. impressed.

Me three!! I love the look of hand quilting, but...... so much work and time.......would probably hurt my hands too!

QuilterMomma 05-17-2012 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Whigrose (Post 5222125)
Oh QuilterMomma... I got 'the' call today :-) Will be picking up your quilt from the LA tomorrow. She has to snip the gazillion hundred threads that are on the back.

Driving home today we passed her shop. Lynn (the LA) has spread the quilt across the top of her quilting frame which in just inside a huge window for all the world to see.

We didn't stop (although dh offered).Thinking about it now, I wished we had just to take a picture. The colors just popped; it was so brillant all spread out like it is, the brick shop, lots of warm wood and great lighting. I missed a great photo opp. Whaaa....

She said it is fabulous and CANNOT believe I am 'giving' it away.

Be still my wildly beating heart.

best,
d

Now after you see it, you still have to give it to me. You said it was mine. (with great anxiety you might keep it)

I laid all your blocks out last night on design wall. Arranged how I thought I wanted it to be, switched a couple around and stood back and went ..........ready?........ WOW!!!!!!!!! The 30s fabrics just look wonderful in this log cabin design. i was so surprised and wondered why did I wait so long to sew them up and I am going to have to make me one like this. I just love how they played together.

Now to get the quilting design just right and it is going to say hello Whigrose, I am here love me. (love me with the deep voice) I am so pleasantly surprised at how it is. I may just take a sneak pic and post it to show everyone at the awe of it. Hmmmm, good thing I am not home right now.

Linda58 05-18-2012 06:59 AM

Woo hoo, my quilt for IrelandBlackDragon is off to my daughter for quilting. I toar a tendon in my left shoulder and can not left my arm, so my daughter is going to do the quilting for me. (she works in a quilt store). So IBD should have her quilt in time.

QuilterMomma 05-18-2012 07:59 AM

I am half way done with the applique on Tam moos quilt top. It is turning out adorable. I have to get busy on the border. I am piecing it so lots to sew there. I wanted to use both these quilts for my UFO totals for this month, so I best be getting them done.
Both of these quiltes are looking really nice. If they turn out to good, will have to hold off on delivery till after some quilt shows. Oh the delay may drive them both crazy.
I am glad jillnjo and I already did our exchange. I found some real pretty floral pastel fabric I would want to use again on her quilt. I have enough scraps left over may use it with those and make up something. Scrap quilts are next years to do list.

jillaine 05-18-2012 11:41 AM

Spoiler Alert - Gwyn / Mamasani (don't look!)

4 Attachment(s)
Just put this in the mail this afternoon. On its way from Maryland to Utah, from Jillaine to Gwyn/Mamasani.

This is my first Sunbonnet Sue, so please be kind.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]336203[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]336205[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]336207[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]336209[/ATTACH]

jillaine 05-18-2012 11:45 AM

8 Attachment(s)
And some more squares:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]336212[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]336213[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]336214[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]336215[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]336216[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]336217[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]336218[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]336219[/ATTACH]

carrot 05-18-2012 11:46 AM

Jillaine that is awesome !!!! Great job !! Mine is sandwiched and I am deciding how to quilt. This is always where I get stuck.
I can't believe this swap is almost over .

QuilterMomma 05-18-2012 12:15 PM

Oh jillaine, that is so adorable. Love the embellishments on your Sues., Great job girl. It is going to be loved for sure. I just love how well the quilting showed up on the back. That is when you sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Annaquilts 05-19-2012 06:02 AM

jillaine your quilt makes me cry. It is so beautiful! I love the colors and the work you put in. It is truely in the spirit of this swap. You can see the love and care poured in.