Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Row Robin 2011 -- Group 6 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/row-robin-2011-group-6-a-t85982.html)

FQ Stash Queen 07-24-2011 12:26 PM

NO! Sorry, I thought I hit "quote reply".

FQ Stash Queen 07-24-2011 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
Wow -- that was fast!!! It usually takes me a month building up the courage to start on the next row. Beautiful work, TF! I love what everyone has done. for sure this will be MY quilt, and my favorite one as well. Thank y'all for making it so special and meaningful. I hate to see this come to an end -- this has been so much fun. Can we do it again?

You done lost your mind as we southern girls say. NO, NO, NO! :shock: :roll: Still gotta get mine backed, quilted and the binding done. May be the only quilt I actually finish completely this year. :wink: ;-) Although I must admit this has been a lot of fun. Being the weak link in the chain cuz of the travel situation really not fun. I like to get things out in a reasonably close to the date amount of time. This is driving me crazy. Gail, this will be out by Wed., cuz Nancy is mailing yours to me and I refuse to have 3 of them here at once. Sorry to be the holdup ladies, but hope you like your rows enough to make it worth the logjam. :oops:

FQ Stash Queen 07-24-2011 12:38 PM

OK -- here's a sneak peek before I trim and put antennae on the bee (couldn't do your row without one). Hope you like it.

I'm ready to forward on to FQ Stash Queen. Where ya at, Cherie? Let me know when to send it. I just have your row to do, then that's it.

Gail (QBee):

Do you want the long 3 block piece with the Sunbonnet Sue in the middle, Gail? If so, I'll make mine the top. I think it would balance out better that way, but it's your quilt. Let me know.

Nancy in Louisiana 07-24-2011 03:57 PM

Now Cherie -- calm down. Ya got until almost November, and we all understand your situation. No hurries, woman. Brown outs and black-outs are a pain. We get power out every time a thunderstorm even threatens. And all the electronics that we play with are not happy. The only reason I've got as much done as I do is because when it gets above 88 outside I move indoors and have been known to not stick my nose out the door for a week at a time. I feel like a groundhog. All I do is sleep, read, sew, read some more, and then take another nap. Life is hard -- but at least I don't have to shovel or scrape anything outside when I do need to go somewhere. Everyone -- try and stay cool -- and don't worry, be happy.

FQ Stash Queen 07-25-2011 10:57 AM

Now Cherie -- calm down. Ya got until almost November, and we all understand your situation. No hurries, woman. Brown outs and black-outs are a pain. We get power out every time a thunderstorm even threatens. And all the electronics that we play with are not happy. The only reason I've got as much done as I do is because when it gets above 88 outside I move indoors and have been known to not stick my nose out the door for a week at a time. I feel like a groundhog. All I do is sleep, read, sew, read some more, and then take another nap. Life is hard -- but at least I don't have to shovel or scrape anything outside when I do need to go somewhere. Everyone -- try and stay cool -- and don't worry, be happy.

Sounds about right, but the only room that stays below 85 in our MH right now is the bedroom. Have to figure out how to get the sewing machine in there I guess.

pamesue 07-28-2011 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by TFquilter
Thankyou Nancy and I am glad you like it...your quilt is really pretty with the batiks on the black background....I am mailing it off to Pam today....:) I am leaving for a couple of days so wanted to finish Nancy's row and get it in the mail. This has been fun for sure....

Cherie, do you have my quilt??

I received the box yesterday...but did not get a chance to open it...

TFquilter 07-28-2011 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by pamesue

Thankyou Nancy and I am glad you like it...your quilt is really pretty with the batiks on the black background....I am mailing it off to Pam today....:) I am leaving for a couple of days so wanted to finish Nancy's row and get it in the mail. This has been fun for sure....

I received the box yesterday...but did not get a chance to open it...

Good, am glad that you rec'd it....thanks for letting me know. Elaine

Qbee 07-28-2011 11:18 AM

Wow TF.....your row for Nancy is GREAT!! Did you attach it or leave it loose? I am out of state and have been for a week or so (long story there) but will get to work on Pam's row just as soon as I get it. I'll get a pic of it up as well.
I'm having SO much fun!!!

Qbee 07-28-2011 11:23 AM

Hey Cherie! I got your phone message but have been dealing with a family crisis with my little brother and didn't get to call you back. Yes, I did want the row with the lady in the middle to be the middle row. Thanks for asking!!
Let me know when you mail Pam's row.
Thanks ya'll,
Gail "Qbee"

Originally Posted by FQ Stash Queen

OK -- here's a sneak peek before I trim and put antennae on the bee (couldn't do your row without one). Hope you like it.

I'm ready to forward on to FQ Stash Queen. Where ya at, Cherie? Let me know when to send it. I just have your row to do, then that's it.

Gail (QBee):

Do you want the long 3 block piece with the Sunbonnet Sue in the middle, Gail? If so, I'll make mine the top. I think it would balance out better that way, but it's your quilt. Let me know.

TFquilter 07-28-2011 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Qbee
Wow TF.....your row for Nancy is GREAT!! Did you attach it or leave it loose? I am out of state and have been for a week or so (long story there) but will get to work on Pam's row just as soon as I get it. I'll get a pic of it up as well.
I'm having SO much fun!!!

Qbee, thankyou...I attached my row beneath your row...it looked cool...I will be waiting to hear from you when you receive Pam's row and a picture too...be safe..:)