Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Partner Pin Cushion/Needlecase Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-partner-pin-cushion-needlecase-swap-t216622.html)

Quilty-Louise 04-30-2013 11:35 AM

I am still waiting for both of mine also.
But since I just mailed mine out yesterday I am not in a big rush.

I love handmade pincushions, and started collecting them, so far I
have about 8+ in my collection. Also a couple store bought that I
love just as much. I don't use them, but I hang them up as decor
in my sewing room.

nancia 04-30-2013 11:46 AM

i have my nc's ready to mail and i have 1 1/2 pc's done. will be mailing tomorrow! i don't have mine either so i figure a lot of us are hitting the last minute mailing date. makes me feel a little better!:p

QuilterMomma 04-30-2013 02:10 PM

Thank you for asking and you also Lynnie. I am healing up alright. I did get to come home after the procedure, a 4.5 hour drive back. DH had to work next day. I am healing fine, taking longer than I like but what can I expect. I had a nerve excision done on my thoracic at three levels. I look like frankenstein on my back with five incisions. I developed a hematoma at the site area so that laid me up even more. well, lots to do, thank you for your thoughts and prayers. trying to catch up.

Originally Posted by JuneBillie (Post 6020212)
QuilterMomma, are you healing ok from your back surgery?

sikesjj 04-30-2013 02:33 PM

I will be mailing tomorrow. I am trying to figure out my new sewing machine before I put the finishing touches on my NC and PC. I agree everyone has hit the last minute mark, fine by me, because I am always the last minute, its the procrastinator in me.

JuneBillie 04-30-2013 02:47 PM

I have two packages sent off today on there way somewhere, so a couple of you need to watch the mail later this week. I hope the needle book and pin cushions I made are liked. The pincushions were a first of their kind for me. I had a lot of fun making them for two special people on this board. The only hint I will give is both of these sp like purple.

Mrs B 04-30-2013 03:36 PM

Whew, got my needlecases posted! Finally! Just made the deadline by the skin of my teeth!
So two people who are waiting anxiously will receive a parcel in a week or so. Hope you like them.

Ashjoy 04-30-2013 05:21 PM

My packages are on there way as well :)

nancia 04-30-2013 05:53 PM

all but one pc are finished and packed. i am working with one hand here so it's going slowly, but going!

quilterMomma i'm beaming good thoughts and prayers your way! hope you have wonderful success with your back surgery! do enough, but don't over do!

louise, i hope things are getting more settled for you. peace.

quiltingdragon 04-30-2013 08:33 PM

I got my pincushions done tonight. Still working on the needlecases, I am going to PM my partners and the hostess if they don't get out tomorrow - it all depends on what time I get out of work and if I can get my needlebook finished before I have to go to the funeral home - I'll stick it in automatic postage machine. It's been a tough week, Dad started chemo on Monday and we have houseguests coming tomorrow as my brother's best friend lost his grandma. I should have done the needlecases first, i'm on my third try - picked a too complicated pattern for my first needlecase the first time - i'll have to practice and come back to. The simpler pattern is working up nicely, just didn't buy enough felt for the pages so will pick up tomorrow on way home. They will go out this week though. Got one pincushion already, and heard from one needlecase partner that she's also mailing a little late, which is fine with me. Haven't heard from the other two yet so I can watch my mail this week!

JuneBillie 04-30-2013 09:00 PM

quiltingdragon, I am sorry for the rough time going on right now. I am sure everyone is understanding.