Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa 2009 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-2009-a-t26323.html)

youme 11-16-2009 01:40 AM

LOL!! That is a good idea!

trupeach 11-16-2009 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
I got mine! I wasn't sure if it was that, so I got Hans to peek. It has the person's real name on the envelope but I don't recognise it! :?

are you sure it is the persons REAL name anyone could write any name. i for one don't use my real name for my phone. i refuse to pay $7 per month to have my phone unlisted so i have it listed under a fake name, no one could find me. i live on Chesterfield Ln and the name for my phone is listed as Chester Field. so i wouldn't be so sure it is the real name

k3n 11-16-2009 02:52 AM

OK Peach - is it you? :mrgreen:

beachlady 11-16-2009 03:45 AM

Trupeach, are you in the witness protection program? Who are you hiding from? LOL

STAR 11-16-2009 05:43 AM

WOW!! wasn't getting notices and had to read through 12 pages!! but I am happy to say that I haven't got my package yet so SECRET SANTA whoever you are thank you for not making me suffer :mrgreen:

sandpat 11-16-2009 05:50 AM

Well I for one am glad that so many others are now getting these packages to have to worry about.

Little mousie...I'm really good at other times of the year..it seems that the only packages I get that talk, whishper, rattle, shake, roll, move on its own, etc....is the SS package! Now that brings out the impatience in me :wink:

Tru....whoa....I think you might be a little paranoid....have you seen a Dr. about that???? :shock: I heard they have a nice little pill for that...otherwise there is this really nice jacket...the sleeves are a little wonky, but.... :roll:

Gwyn 11-16-2009 06:04 AM

Well Trupeach, I guess it is a secret. Of course, there are only 9,000 members of this forum. But of course, they would never tell. After alll, they can all keep secrets quite easily. They also leave Christmas presents completely alone, with no problem at all. Most of them are too busy sewing to even notice, right?

:lol: I'm joking! :lol:

Gramakitten 11-16-2009 06:36 AM

would anyone really admit to opening early?I spent the weekend in amish country in indiana. Had a wonderful visit with my amish friends. Quilt shoping, thrift shopping and a buggy ride to get pizza. Not one minute of thinking about my secret santa package at home. We found a great shop in Charlotte Michigan. If you are a civil war fabric lover check out this shop. There is a GREAT amish quilt shop in Goshen indiana called Calico Point. If you get there hold on to your wallet. Great fabric great prices. Spent a fortune. Got fabric for three quilts for less than 200. Great weekend.

sewjoyce 11-16-2009 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Gramakitten
would anyone really admit to opening early?I spent the weekend in amish country in indiana. Had a wonderful visit with my amish friends. Quilt shoping, thrift shopping and a buggy ride to get pizza. Not one minute of thinking about my secret santa package at home. We found a great shop in Charlotte Michigan. If you are a civil war fabric lover check out this shop. There is a GREAT amish quilt shop in Goshen indiana called Calico Point. If you get there hold on to your wallet. Great fabric great prices. Spent a fortune. Got fabric for three quilts for less than 200. Great weekend.

Can I come with you next time??? :mrgreen:

trupeach 11-16-2009 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by beachlady
Trupeach, are you in the witness protection program? Who are you hiding from? LOL

I think of it this way, if the phone company doesn't have to print my name why should I have to pay $7 a month now I could see if I wanted it listed/printed then I should be charged but why am I charged for somethnig they aren't doing. That would be like going to the hair salon sitting in the chair them not cutting my hair yet being charged for nothing.
And just think at $7 a month not being spent on nothing i could get something at the end of 1 year that would equal $84 I could get $84 worth of fabric.