Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa 2009 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-2009-a-t26323.html)

montanaquilter 10-15-2009 07:38 AM

[quote=mcdaniel023]

Originally Posted by trupeach

Originally Posted by Debra Mc
The cheese fries aren't bad but chili is a little much. Got to go sew so talk with tomorrow.

Funny....While on a visit to Cincinnati my then 4 year old niece ordered Chili. She refused to eat it. When we asked her why, she said it was
"musscusting". When we stopped laughing we asked her why it was "musscusting". "Because it is much badder than da-scusting". In our family now, everything that is really bad is musscusting.

This is hilarious mcdaniel023!! Kids are so funny and come up with some funny sayings and words1!

trupeach 10-15-2009 07:41 AM

This is so funny the thread is about SS how did we got so far off the topic?????

Ninnie 10-15-2009 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by OdessaQuilts
Here in Michigan, we say "pop", but I've noticed that people who have lived in other areas of the country and move back will say "soda".

As for chili, in my house, DH and I both grew up in the same hometown here. He makes his with chili powder (ughhhhh ... disgusting!) and I don't. I prefer mine thicker and he likes his thinner. We both eat it with peanut butter bread (like they gave us in school cafeteria -- no butter, just two pieces of bread with peanut butter between. Our kids think we're nuts!). BUT, no matter who makes it next time, it will all be gone no matter what!

When I moved south, my love of peanut butter sandwiches with Chilli came with me. No one here had heard of this. :shock: :shock: Now all eat it this way. A group of the kids friends came camping last sunner, and I made chilli for all, and sandwiches, the looked at that plate filled with peanutbutter sandwiches, and though I was nuts. but after trying them with the Chilli, they are all now lovers. :lol: :lol: :lol:

trupeach 10-15-2009 08:37 AM

When I moved south, my love of peanut butter sandwiches with Chilli came with me. No one here had heard of this. :shock: :shock: Now all eat it this way. A group of the kids friends came camping last sunner, and I made chilli for all, and sandwiches, the looked at that plate filled with peanutbutter sandwiches, and though I was nuts. but after trying them with the Chilli, they are all now lovers. :lol: :lol: :lol: [/quote]

I have heard of mixing peanutbutter in stir fry chicken, I never tried it I am allergic to peanuts

Debra Mc 10-15-2009 09:37 AM

We got to do something to keep our minds off our presents so we won't open before time.

Mousie 10-15-2009 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Debra Mc
The cheese fries aren't bad but chili is a little much. Got to go sew so talk with tomorrow.

Cincinnati is famous for their chili, I am not kidding google it. They have this chilli that looks and smells like slop they put cinnamon and cocoa in it. There are no chunks of meat it looks like brown slime' They have a 3 way which is spaghetti yep I wrote spaghetti then the chili on top and this bright orange mass of stuff they call cheese. then there is the 4 way add onions on the top of all that. There is something called a coney dog, hot dog with this slop chilli on top. It is the most disgusting thing in the world. Sarah Jessica Parker is from Cincinnati and she says the first things she does when she visits is she goes to skyline chili. These people are crazy. They eat this stuff like there is no tomorrow they even sell it in cans. I truely believe that it was invented using cinnamon and cocoa to cover up the taste of the road kill that they must have used to make it way back when in the days of old and food was hard to come by. when you pass the place (can't call it a restaurant) the smell gets in your nose and lingers for hours. I don't know how people eat it I guess it is an aquired taste.

Trupeach, you make me laugh. I have 3 grown daughters, and I imagine that one of them, being the picky eater that she is, would write a description, just like this about something she didn't like.
It must have been all those cheese and tomato sandwhiches I ate while pregnant with her. She doesn't touch tomatoes, and never liked macaroni and cheese :!: :roll: :lol:

Mousie 10-15-2009 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by sharon b
Lurkingdom... I think it is east of the UK ! LOL

I thought Lurkingdom was by the Bermuda triangle. All the people there seem to get lost and wander around aimlessly.

well, our newest Secret Santa, must be a smart cookie, bc he/she, found their way out, and to here...YIPPEE, one of the best places to be.
I'm gonna get a pressie...I'm gonna send a pressie!
dancing around in my little dressie,
Fun opening my pressie,
Fun making my pressie :wink:
I'm just a little cheesey,
I try to be quiet and pleasy,
But Mousie can't hold it all in,
So, I'm gonna just have to sing it agin'...
We're all getting a pressie.... :lol:

Mousie 10-15-2009 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Lurkingdom is the next island over from me.
Didn't you all know that? Sheesh! lol

We ALL came from Lurkingdom at one time...something must have wiped out some memories :wink:
Close to you, huh Terri? must be the totomonas over there in that part of the globe...stole our Lurkingdom memories...you still have yours?
Your very strong willed, you'd probably whoop any totomona that came near your gourd!

Mousie 10-15-2009 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
OH gosh....that chile does sound reeeeeelllllyyyyy bad. Here we have a much better idea.....we just fry everything to disguise the taste. We know that by the time we figure out we don't like it, we'll all be dead from heart attacks... :roll: ...or just so fat, we won't care :roll:

I'm gonna put Lurkingdom on my list of "must see" places :D

yup, I suspect that some of these mom and pop places, have a batter all ready, and any meat, "mystery" or whatever, goes in the batter and into southern tummies. Thing is, now that we have so many snowbirds...guess what they are eating? :mrgreen:

J/J PPL!!! I know that a good part of the world, believes that all southerners will eat roadkill...not this gal!
I know Patti doesn't either. How do I know this?
Bc she had a family of perfectly yummy skunks, come visit and she ran the other way...gee, you'd think they stunk or something! :roll:

Mousie 10-15-2009 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Ninnie
As for chili, in my house, DH and I both grew up in the same hometown here. He makes his with chili powder (ughhhhh ... disgusting!) and I don't. I prefer mine thicker and he likes his thinner. We both eat it with peanut butter bread (like they gave us in school cafeteria -- no butter, just two pieces of bread with peanut butter between. Our kids think we're nuts!). BUT, no matter who makes it next time, it will all be gone no matter what!

When I moved south, my love of peanut butter sandwiches with Chilli came with me. No one here had heard of this. :shock: :shock: Now all eat it this way. A group of the kids friends came camping last sunner, and I made chilli for all, and sandwiches, the looked at that plate filled with peanutbutter sandwiches, and though I was nuts. but after trying them with the Chilli, they are all now lovers. :lol: :lol: :lol: [/quote]

Hey, Niiiinnie!!!
I grew up eating peanut butter sandwhiches with spaghetti!!!! SLURP!!!!
Man, you haven't lived until you have had a peanut butter sandwhich with your tomato based dishes! :wink: