Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa 2009 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-2009-a-t26323.html)

Baren*eh*ked_canadian 10-14-2009 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by ligia
Hi everyone !

I´m new , out of the lurkingdom. 8)
I have already my SS , which means I am overseas. :)
As far as I know there´s no one from my country on QB. :shock:

Hmmmm, now you've got me wondering where you're from!

billswife99 10-14-2009 08:19 PM

I think it's against the law to make dressing without cornbread here!

We are going to have to google Lurkingdom for sure.

sharon b 10-14-2009 08:22 PM

Lurkingdom... I think it is east of the UK ! LOL

trupeach 10-14-2009 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Debra Mc
The cheese fries aren't bad but chili is a little much. Got to go sew so talk with tomorrow.

Cincinnati is famous for their chili, I am not kidding google it. They have this chilli that looks and smells like slop they put cinnamon and cocoa in it. There are no chunks of meat it looks like brown slime' They have a 3 way which is spaghetti yep I wrote spaghetti then the chili on top and this bright orange mass of stuff they call cheese. then there is the 4 way add onions on the top of all that. There is something called a coney dog, hot dog with this slop chilli on top. It is the most disgusting thing in the world. Sarah Jessica Parker is from Cincinnati and she says the first things she does when she visits is she goes to skyline chili. These people are crazy. They eat this stuff like there is no tomorrow they even sell it in cans. I truely believe that it was invented using cinnamon and cocoa to cover up the taste of the road kill that they must have used to make it way back when in the days of old and food was hard to come by. when you pass the place (can't call it a restaurant) the smell gets in your nose and lingers for hours. I don't know how people eat it I guess it is an aquired taste.

trupeach 10-14-2009 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b
Lurkingdom... I think it is east of the UK ! LOL

I thought Lurkingdom was by the Bermuda triangle. All the people there seem to get lost and wander around aimlessly.

sammy89 10-14-2009 09:17 PM

Ihope my
name is on the list for secret santa already have my fatquarters ulla

sammy89 10-14-2009 09:18 PM

my adress is ulla hernandez
4506 oak vista cir
killeen tx 76542

k3n 10-14-2009 11:30 PM

Hi ligia you've started a mystery here! I gather you're from an English speaking country because your English is perfect, but can't be UK, Canada, Australia or NZ, hmmm, South Africa? Where else speaks English? Or maybe you're an expat? :D

Sharon - I'm hiding mine too, from myself! :lol:

tlrnhi 10-15-2009 01:14 AM

Lurkingdom is the next island over from me.
Didn't you all know that? Sheesh! lol

mcdaniel023 10-15-2009 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach

Originally Posted by Debra Mc
The cheese fries aren't bad but chili is a little much. Got to go sew so talk with tomorrow.

Cincinnati is famous for their chili, I am not kidding google it. They have this chilli that looks and smells like slop they put cinnamon and cocoa in it. There are no chunks of meat it looks like brown slime' They have a 3 way which is spaghetti yep I wrote spaghetti then the chili on top and this bright orange mass of stuff they call cheese. then there is the 4 way add onions on the top of all that. There is something called a coney dog, hot dog with this slop chilli on top. It is the most disgusting thing in the world. Sarah Jessica Parker is from Cincinnati and she says the first things she does when she visits is she goes to skyline chili. These people are crazy. They eat this stuff like there is no tomorrow they even sell it in cans. I truely believe that it was invented using cinnamon and cocoa to cover up the taste of the road kill that they must have used to make it way back when in the days of old and food was hard to come by. when you pass the place (can't call it a restaurant) the smell gets in your nose and lingers for hours. I don't know how people eat it I guess it is an aquired taste.

Funny....While on a visit to Cincinnati my then 4 year old niece ordered Chili. She refused to eat it. When we asked her why, she said it was
"musscusting". When we stopped laughing we asked her why it was "musscusting". "Because it is much badder than da-scusting". In our family now, everything that is really bad is musscusting.