Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

Bullock2us 10-15-2014 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by madamekelly (Post 6930238)
Question- Do you think it would be ok to send my giftee some of the wonderful quilting and sewing tools I have bought and will never use? These were not cheap, just have no intent to use them. When I bought them, I was still learning and got them at a great price, so I have them, but I have discovered that some quilts and other projects just don't excite me as others do. What do you think?

I THINK THIS IS A GREAT IDEA. THIS IS CONSIDERED PART OF YOUR STASH SO DOESNT EVEN HAVE TO COUNT TOWARDS YOUR $20.00 limit (unless of course you want it too.) I THINK WE ALL MAY HAVE SOME OF THESE-Know I do. If the person doesn't think they can use them -then they can always pass them on to someone else. I also don't mind used items. I am a thrift store junkie -much to hubby's dismay as he so is not.

didi 10-15-2014 03:47 PM

I agree with everybody else new or used I'd like it.
My name has an A, my address and state, too, must be me.......LOL

CookyIN 10-15-2014 03:48 PM

Question- Do you think it would be ok to send my giftee some of the wonderful quilting and sewing tools I have bought and will never use? These were not cheap, just have no intent to use them. When I bought them, I was still learning and got them at a great price, so I have them, but I have discovered that some quilts and other projects just don't excite me as others do. What do you think?

If I'm your Santee -- yes, yes, yes! I'm still new to quilting so odds are good I don't have them and would find them helpful.

CookyIN 10-15-2014 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6930169)
Wait a minute! I didn't volunteer to be the snake whisperer! It's not as if I can chase them away with a hose, without flooding the Hole. If they're outside, I'll chase them off . . . but if one gets inside, I'm running with the rest of y'all! :D

Ah Neesie, say it isn't so! :(

didi 10-15-2014 03:52 PM

My SS has pets and also likes buttons.

huntannette 10-15-2014 04:05 PM

absolutely.....think it`s a great idea....think I will pass on some of the xmas fabric that was gifted to me and I will never use...

Rennie 10-15-2014 04:39 PM

I agree. With you,mjmachin. My first year in this, too , and my giftee has not posted here, either that I have seen. But this board is a hoot! Ya'all are so much fun---and helpful.

Neesie 10-15-2014 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by CookyIN (Post 6930349)
Ah Neesie, say it isn't so! :(

<sigh> Okay . . . but I'll need a long-handled snow shovel or something. Guess I could somehow figure out a way to shove the snake back out. Oh, what am I saying? It's only a virtual snake! I'll just pick it up and toss it! :thumbup:

Rennie 10-15-2014 04:51 PM

Mailed my giftee her box today so hope she will like wondering about its contents. SO Much Fun!

juneayerza 10-15-2014 05:09 PM

Well now, I did have socks on today, but it had nothing to do with the weather and it difinitely wasn't even a bit nippy here this morning. Goodbye (boo hoo) cute little Sanata fabric.