Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

dreamer2009 10-15-2014 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by madamekelly (Post 6930238)
Question- Do you think it would be ok to send my giftee some of the wonderful quilting and sewing tools I have bought and will never use? These were not cheap, just have no intent to use them. When I bought them, I was still learning and got them at a great price, so I have them, but I have discovered that some quilts and other projects just don't excite me as others do. What do you think?

this is a perfectly wonderful idea...re purposing.
sometimes gifts don't suit us and I think it a great
idea to share them forward to someone who might like them.

PenniF 10-15-2014 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6930410)
<sigh> Okay . . . but I'll need a long-handled snow shovel or something. Guess I could somehow figure out a way to shove the snake back out. Oh, what am I saying? It's only a virtual snake! I'll just pick it up and toss it! :thumbup:

I can bring my Kazoo and charm the little squiggly out !!

Adding my YES vote to anything "recycled" from someone's quilting horde. I actually have something i bought a year ago and never even opened the packaging...and was going to send it along to my SSee.....as said, anything that is not just right for the receivers can always gladly be passed along to someone they think will like it. I really wanted it at the time - but decided later it just wasn't for me.....and i wouldn't count that in the $$ spent.

Sitting here at my computer listening to the lids "pop" on my apple butter jars. No sweeter sound to any home canner. Got 24 lbs of apples from my DSIL and just couldn't let them go to waste....so now have 17 pints of apple butter.....Will be passed out to friends for Christmas. Guess i'll bring some to the hole - it's great on biscuits, English muffins, scones etc....we could have a nice little tea party !!! (Bailey's in my English Breakfast please)

Night night y'all.

Hint....my SS lives in a state that has an A in it.

</sigh>

Mariposa 10-15-2014 07:14 PM

Wow! Lots to catch up on! I'll answer more of those questions going around....

Like buttons? You bet!
Like zippers? Yes-colorful ones.
Like wonder clips? Don't have any-
Drinks? Decaf coffee and herbal teas
Christmas items? Yes, but no santa-
Like a handmade bookmark? ok
Grandkids? Have 4 boys and 1 girl :)
Christmas tree up? Yes
Like handmade ornaments? Yes
Like a cup/mug or travel one? No thanks. Have plenty.
How fabrics organized? Ha!Ha! Hmm...

Like aprons? Yes! Especially ones that cover Both hooters! ;)

Now to go find those jingle bells......

mollymunchkin 10-15-2014 07:16 PM

My SS-ee lives north of me and likes batiks, which I happen to have to put in her box.

m-fay 10-15-2014 08:30 PM

My Santee lives in a very nice location ...I googled her address...if my .SS looks at my address, she may see a boy on a bike ( street view) that's my grandson!

Neesie 10-15-2014 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by mhcpa (Post 6930477)
I think that is a wonderful idea. Part of the reason we quilt is that we are thrifty and practical. I was thinking of doing the same. New unopened patterns that I have never used could be useful to someone else. A new seam ripper I bought for myself but have not opened yet. I want her gift to be really nice but cant afford to spend a bunch so I am coming up with several things from my stash that is new or expensive quilting books that are gently used from the Goodwill store. She likes tea so I am getting a tea cup from my mother's antique store, used but beautiful. I hope this is ok???? I ordered the fat quarters tonight!!!! Cant wait to get them. Hope she likes, it is from my favorite blogger, an new line.

Oooooh! An antique cup, for tea! YES!!! Do you have my name???? Please say you have my name!!! :thumbup:
Books are always nice, too . . . but I'm drooling over the antique cup!

Neesie 10-15-2014 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by PeginCO (Post 6930556)
Ok, first of all... Anyone else gaining weight just reading about all the treats and drinks?!?! Or is it just me....

Second - guess what, Santee! I was gifted some fabric, and one of the pieces is 2 YARDS of just what you asked for!! I'm so excited!! There were also some smaller pieces that I made into a mini-jelly roll for you. Now, that is on top of the beeeeeeeeeeautiful FQs I bought you. So far, I have made you a small fabric basket (and filled it with notions and goodies) and this weekend, I hope to make you something else (a little bigger) you said you might like.

I wonder if you are an apron person like me...I once made this for a swap:

Cute apron!!! I've always liked the idea of aprons but although I have a couple, never wear them. Well, I used to have a couple, anyway. Not sure where I put them . . . .

CookyIN 10-15-2014 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by mhcpa (Post 6930477)
I think that is a wonderful idea. Part of the reason we quilt is that we are thrifty and practical. I was thinking of doing the same. New unopened patterns that I have never used could be useful to someone else. A new seam ripper I bought for myself but have not opened yet. I want her gift to be really nice but cant afford to spend a bunch so I am coming up with several things from my stash that is new or expensive quilting books that are gently used from the Goodwill store. She likes tea so I am getting a tea cup from my mother's antique store, used but beautiful. I hope this is ok???? I ordered the fat quarters tonight!!!! Cant wait to get them. Hope she likes, it is from my favorite blogger, an new line.

Is it okay? Let me just say... if you were my SS, I'd be over the moon with the package you're sending!

CookyIN 10-15-2014 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by PeginCO (Post 6930556)
Ok, first of all... Anyone else gaining weight just reading about all the treats and drinks?!?! Or is it just me....

Second - guess what, Santee! I was gifted some fabric, and one of the pieces is 2 YARDS of just what you asked for!! I'm so excited!! There were also some smaller pieces that I made into a mini-jelly roll for you. Now, that is on top of the beeeeeeeeeeautiful FQs I bought you. So far, I have made you a small fabric basket (and filled it with notions and goodies) and this weekend, I hope to make you something else (a little bigger) you said you might like.

I wonder if you are an apron person like me...I once made this for a swap:

Ohmygosh Peg, that apron has my name all over it -- love those 30s fabrics and aprons! Your Santee is sure to be doing the happy dance when she opens her package!

CookyIN 10-15-2014 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by PenniF (Post 6930564)
I can bring my Kazoo and charm the little squiggly out !!

Adding my YES vote to anything "recycled" from someone's quilting horde. I actually have something i bought a year ago and never even opened the packaging...and was going to send it along to my SSee.....as said, anything that is not just right for the receivers can always gladly be passed along to someone they think will like it. I really wanted it at the time - but decided later it just wasn't for me.....and i wouldn't count that in the $$ spent.

Sitting here at my computer listening to the lids "pop" on my apple butter jars. No sweeter sound to any home canner. Got 24 lbs of apples from my DSIL and just couldn't let them go to waste....so now have 17 pints of apple butter.....Will be passed out to friends for Christmas. Guess i'll bring some to the hole - it's great on biscuits, English muffins, scones etc....we could have a nice little tea party !!! (Bailey's in my English Breakfast please)

Night night y'all.

Hint....my SS lives in a state that has an A in it.

My state has an A in it! And please please please, if you're my SS, include a jar of your homemade apple butter in my package. You can wrap it in fabric! :thumbup: