Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

Neesie 10-24-2014 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by djmat (Post 6942235)
I think if I do NOT wrap the gifts, there'd be more room for more gifts, what do ya think about that?
Must I wrap, I don't mind, but having probs making it all fit without wrapping.
Please reply. This is my first SS swap.

Some wrap, some don't. It's totally up to you! :) Just make sure you put 'Secret Santa' on the outside of the box, so your Secret Santee won't open it early.

CookyIN 10-24-2014 09:48 PM

"Just make sure you put 'Secret Santa' on the outside of the box, so your Secret Santee won't open it early."

And make sure you include a card in the box revealing your screen name so your Santee will know who you are.

sunrise450 10-25-2014 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by SheriR (Post 6941878)
How about a bag to go with the mug rug?

I should easily have all these gifts wrapped and mailed by Nov. 14!!!

Oh! Sheri, love that bag! Am "I" your Santee? I have that pattern somewhere..where, where, where?! I love bags and totes and that one is a keeper.

sunrise450 10-25-2014 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by djmat (Post 6942235)
I think if I do NOT wrap the gifts, there'd be more room for more gifts, what do ya think about that?
Must I wrap, I don't mind, but having probs making it all fit without wrapping.
Please reply. This is my first SS swap.

I think it is up to the individual whether to wrap or not. Someone mentioned tissue paper, that would be easy to use and wouldn't take up much room.
SlightlyOffQuilter, love that stocking! Is it for me?
For all that have posted photos, they are all so wonderful. So much talent here. Maybe someday I will be as good.

AnngelAnne 10-25-2014 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by madamekelly (Post 6928634)
I will give you another description of the "hole" in the hopes of helping you understand. (I sometimes have trouble "getting it" too.) when the secret santas were teasing each other someone said "into the hole with you", meaning they should disappear into a big hole in the back yard, for teasing people. Someone else decided that all the best people were getting "thrown in to the hole" so he/she decided that the hole was the best place to hang out, and it has become the imaginary party place while we wait for opening day. (Kind of like the old joke about "I don't want to go to heaven, because all the more interesting people will be in Hell!") I hope this makes it clearer? BTW- welcome to the hole, you had to be down here with the rest of us to get an answer to your question, lol!

Kind of like the caboose on the mystery train.

AnngelAnne 10-25-2014 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6917648)
Okay, I'm gonna throw out some SS questions, hoping my SS-ee will also answer.
Okay, I didn't put much information in my entry, this is my first time, and I have to say, I am a bit overwhelmed. This is far more than I ever began to think. I thought I sort of had my package ready to mail, but for some reason didn't take it yesterday, now glad I didn't. What I sent was nothing like all the ideas I am getting. So here are a few answers, though with me I am very open to just about anything, but stripes. For some reason I really have a problem with stripes. I didn't find this site until this morning and have spent all day reading it to catch up, so hope that my answers are not to late and are a help. If too late, that is all fine too, cause I am easy to please.

If you like chocolate, do you prefer white chocolate, milk chocolate, of dark chocolate?
Any chocolate but white.

What are your favorite fabric colors?
Greens and earth tones mostly.

What are your favorite non-fabric colors?
Most anything, I haven't met a color yet I didn't like.

Would you enjoy receiving sewing notions, such as seam rippers, small rulers, etc.?
Don't have a lot of quilting notions other than pins so open to anything.

Would you enjoy receiving quilt patterns or books? If so, give examples of what you don't already have.
Most of my quilt patterns I have either gotten off line or taken a picture and tried to duplicate it. Not much room for storage of these things.

Do you enjoy non-quilting books, such as fiction? If so, what type?
Love to read when I can squeeze in the time, mostly fiction and mystery.

Would you enjoy receiving a regional T-shirt? If so, what size?
Size XL works for me.

Would you enjoy receiving regional postcards or other souvenir items?
Not really as no place to put them.

Would you enjoy receiving a pincushion or needle-case?
Needle case, they make those, I have needles stored here and there.

Would you enjoy receiving socks?
Socks, interesting thought.

Please list any other items, you'd be happy to find in your SS package. :)

These are my answers, hope it post correctly.

AnngelAnne 10-25-2014 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise (Post 6924503)
I haven't seen my person post here in the SS chatter. But they have
posted within the last week.

Now here are a couple of questions to my person in the HOPES they
will see the question and answer.

Do you:......
1) like buttons?
2) like zippers?
3) like wonder clips? (best invention ever I think)
4) drink coffee, and/or hot heat? iced tea? soft drinks?
5) like Christmas themed items? (not just fabric but other items also)
6) like embroidery bookmarks?
7) have any grand kids? (my first is due in April)
8) put up a Christmas Tree?
9) like handmade (machine embroidery) ornaments?
10) would you like a travel cup/mug?
11) how do you organize your fabric?

Some of the other answers, will do this one differently as I didn't do the other one right without having to read thru the original post.

Buttons can be interesting there are so many choices.
Zippers I don't tend to use.
I wonder what wonder clips are? Get the idea I don't tend to get out much, too much working I guess.
Don't drink coffee, but do drink herbal teas.
Love Christmas, my favorite holiday.
I can always use a book mark.
I do put up a Christmas tree, love ornaments that are different.
No travel mug thank you.
I try my best to organize by color.

Judylee2 10-25-2014 09:30 AM

Hello Everybody! Sorry I am late, fell into a different hole ad took all this time to climb out! Whew! It was really really dark in there. I see lots of familiar names in here....All that climbing made me hungry, where are all the yummy treats?

sew diva 10-25-2014 09:33 AM

Wrap gifts in fabric. I tell my family that all the time so it's a standing joke that if it's not wrapped in fabric I won't open it. LOL

Originally Posted by sunrise450 (Post 6942663)
I think it is up to the individual whether to wrap or not. Someone mentioned tissue paper, that would be easy to use and wouldn't take up much room.
SlightlyOffQuilter, love that stocking! Is it for me?
For all that have posted photos, they are all so wonderful. So much talent here. Maybe someday I will be as good.

sew diva 10-25-2014 09:41 AM

Have responded just in case it's me LOL

Originally Posted by AnngelAnne (Post 6942854)
Some of the other answers, will do this one differently as I didn't do the other one right without having to read thru the original post.

Just in case:
Buttons yes
Zippers no
Wonder clips What are they?
Coffee oh yeah
Don't use seasonal stuff as it is a difficult time of the year for me.
Book markers yes
handmade ornaments are fine
No mugs
Organize fabric buy it and put it somewhere usually on a shelf but have heard of some ideas at guild that might be doable.

Buttons can be interesting there are so many choices.
Zippers I don't tend to use.
I wonder what wonder clips are? Get the idea I don't tend to get out much, too much working I guess.
Don't drink coffee, but do drink herbal teas.
Love Christmas, my favorite holiday.
I can always use a book mark.
I do put up a Christmas tree, love ornaments that are different.
No travel mug thank you.
I try my best to organize by color.