Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

madamekelly 10-28-2014 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S (Post 6946153)
Is there anyone not in the hole? Am I the only one outside the hole? If so, I may as well jump in too.

I will save you the jump, I will push you in for not being "smart- aleck" enough to get pushed before now! Lol! Merry Jesmas!

catjo 10-28-2014 11:53 AM

I haven't been on for so long that I can't seem to get caught up. I found a couple of posts asking for questions so I will at least get that posted. I had been busy with a fundraiser and now that I have survived it I can get back on more often.

If you like chocolate, do you prefer white chocolate, milk chocolate, of dark chocolate? white or milk Chocolate
What are your favorite fabric colors? 1930's, pastels
What are your favorite non-fabric colors? browns
Would you enjoy receiving sewing notions, such as seam rippers, small rulers, etc.? Yes!
Would you enjoy receiving quilt patterns or books? If so, give examples of what you don't already have. yes, kids quilt books, Would love some big block patterns or books.
Do you enjoy non-quilting books, such as fiction? If so, what type? Yes, mysteries.
Would you enjoy receiving a regional T-shirt? If so, what size? No thanks
Would you enjoy receiving regional postcards or other souvenir items? No to postcard, yes to small souvenir
Would you enjoy receiving a pincushion or needle-case? No I have plenty right now
Would you enjoy receiving socks? No, my feet are too big, socks are hard to fit.
Please list any other items, you'd be happy to find in your SS package: handmade items are always the best

Do you:......
1) like buttons? Yes
2) like zippers? No, I have an over abundance
3) like wonder clips? Yes
4) drink coffee, and/or hot heat? iced tea? soft drinks? Non flavored tea and cocoa
5) like Christmas themed items? (not just fabric but other items also) Yes, but nothing I have to dust please
6) like embroidery bookmarks? Yes
7) have any grand kids? 7 grandsons ages 10 to 4
8) put up a Christmas Tree? Yes
9) like handmade (machine embroidery) ornaments? Yes!
10) would you like a travel cup/mug? No
11) how do you organize your fabric? Haven't found a good way yet.

SulaBug 10-28-2014 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Cindy60545 (Post 6946692)
Yep, nice try! You were my Santaee last year & Terri doesn't give us the same person twice. But....I do have a box with your name on it. I've been collecting selvedges for you. When do you want it?
Can't find my wrapping paper! I think it got put up above my longarm, in the loft, with the rest of the Christmas stuff. Guess I'll have to go buy some 'cuz DH won't let me use ladders anymore. (I fell off one & got hurt)
Today's hint: you have pets

Oh Cindy.............you can't find your wrapping paper because I hid it from you!! :D I just had to visit your quilting shop to see that cute Texas bear in person. I love what you are putting in your Secret Santa's box, she is going to love all of it. By the way, don't you think you should clean up your work area a little bit? I wouldn't want you to get lost out there in your shop!!
:D :D :D :D

ArizonaKAT 10-28-2014 01:59 PM

did someone say fudge? I'm heading to the hole.

juneayerza 10-28-2014 02:16 PM

Ummmmm fudge!!

ShelleyCS 10-28-2014 02:51 PM

Ooooooh! Parcels arriving! Make it me, Santa!

marcialee 10-28-2014 03:12 PM

Sorry I don't get onto the site as often as I wish. I do a lot of the reading, but a bit on the shy side so I don't reply to much. I am working on my gift box, but I can't find the date that it has to be shipped. Can you help me?

Neesie 10-28-2014 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by marcialee (Post 6947650)
Sorry I don't get onto the site as often as I wish. I do a lot of the reading, but a bit on the shy side so I don't reply to much. I am working on my gift box, but I can't find the date that it has to be shipped. Can you help me?

http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...d-t253795.html

THE RULES....

1. Mail deadline is November 14th. That is a HARD deadline. No mailing AFTER this time. Since you have almost 2 months, there should be NO excuse for mailing late, unless you are incapacitated or 6 feet under.

2. ALL packages MUST have a DELIVERY CONFIRMATION when sent. Last year there were too many packages that were sent late and a few that were not received. With a Delivery Confirmation, the package can be somewhat tracked when received. If the receiver HAS NOT received their package from you and you said you sent it, you will be required to PROVE your sending with a copy of the mail receipt showing such. The mail receipt will show that you paid for the Delivery Confirmation, along with the zip code that the package was shipped to. So, DO NOT toss the receipt or the Deliveryy Confirmation slip away UNTIL YOU HEAR THAT YOUR PERSON HAS RECEIVED THEIR PACKAGE!

Dedemac 10-28-2014 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by roseirish48 (Post 6946095)
snow for hallowe'en..? been there done that. snow stated about 6pm on Hallowe'en night anddumped 36" by morning and another 6" during the next day, schools, businesses etc were closed--city buses couldnt get through the streets. took two weeks before things were cleared enough to get back on schedule for buses and for many of the businesses to reopen. I worked for county government at the time...i struggled to meet the bus and get to work only to find that the governor had closed the office. nice trudge getting back to bus stop and getting home. bus couldnt get up the hill to my stop so got off 2 blocks early and plowed through snow drifts up to my crotch to get home 6 blocks away. ht shower and cocoa and hibernated the rest of the day

That was back in 91'!! I know where you live. My mom sent me pictures from the storm.

PenniF 10-28-2014 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by marcialee (Post 6947650)

Never fear marcialee.....some of us do more than our share of talking !!! :D Just ask Neesie or CookyIN or Cindy - i'm pretty much always yacking!! But please don't be afraid to pop on in - there's always room in the hole and enough goodies down here to go around.