Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

VickiM 11-07-2014 07:06 PM

I love all the banter going on...learn something & get a few chuckles along the way. I don't have time to post alot, but I do keep up with the thread every couple days. Dec. 7 is good for me!

PenniF 11-07-2014 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6959993)
The rose harvest soup sounds interesting! What was in it?

Yes it does sound good.....and the caramel apple spice pie......oooooohhhhh !!!!! I lost 6 pounds last month - but i'm thinking November is gonna be bad......Maybe the harvest soup will be "slimming".....cuz i'm already planning to make a batch of each of the recipes that post.

PeginCO 11-07-2014 09:17 PM

COOKIES!!!!! Hooray, I love holiday baking! So...was it Penni who started this (sorry I've been reading A LOT to catch up)...a file was mentioned...does this mean there is a spot where all the recipes go and we can print them from that?

Well, regardless, I will bring out my best Christmas recipes tomorrow and try to decide which to share...chocolate carmel cookies? Holiday mix? Lemon poppyseed kolachkes, raspberry hazelnut trees? Oooooh! Maybe cranberry hootycreeks!

Yeah, and if I'm the recipient of home baked goodies, I'll do a backflip...or at least I'll wish I could. I sent too early to include homemade goodies...but I might just make up a lil' package and send it separate at some point for the fun of it. My SS was specific about what she wanted, though, and it is not my specialty. Wonder how firm she was on that...

juneayerza 11-07-2014 10:00 PM

Received my SS package today. Came from Colorado, my home state. I gently shook it, no sound; shook a little harder, no sound; shook for all it's worth, not a peep! Package very dense, no movement inside. Heavy for it's size. Secret Santa decorated it very nicely. Can you tell I'm working it for all it's worth LOL.

ShelleyCS 11-07-2014 10:01 PM

It sure does get rowdy here on a Friday night! I think I'll just relax with a nice rum and coke while I wait for my parcel to arrive.

madamekelly 11-07-2014 11:40 PM

I have found the "her" gifts for Christmas, (I found them here- http://youtu.be/N4gSQmyO2m4) fabric to fit personality. Guys are getting homemade goodies. Gotta get them going...

BrendaK 11-08-2014 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6929672)
Okay, another hint about my SSee. This morning is a bit nippy, where she lives. :)

I knew it was me. BrendaK

happynana 11-08-2014 04:58 AM

It is nippy where my SS is too. BRRRRRRRRRRR

mcdaniel023 11-08-2014 05:18 AM

Watch out for this recipe. I made it last year. Then I had to make it again......4 times. They are waiting for it as we speak. LOL!

Originally Posted by dharen7 (Post 6959053)
I want to join in the virtual cookies: Christmas Crack 35 to 40 Saltine Crackers, 1 cup butter, 1 cup light brown sugar, 8 oz chocolate chips, 1 cup m n ms Oven to 425degrees. Line one cookie sheet with aluminum foil, spray with non stick spray. Arrange saltine crackers salt side down, In a medium saucepan melt the butter and brown sugar together and boil until turns caramel color. Remove from heat and pour over crackers covering them evenly. Put in oven 3 to 5 mins or until just bubbly. Remove from oven and pour chocolate chips over them let chips start to melt and then spread all over the toffee with spatula. Sprinkle m&ms over them. Place in freezer for 20 mins once chocolate is harden break into pieces store up to 2 wks in container

Neesie 11-08-2014 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by juneayerza (Post 6960346)
Received my SS package today. Came from Colorado, my home state. I gently shook it, no sound; shook a little harder, no sound; shook for all it's worth, not a peep! Package very dense, no movement inside. Heavy for it's size. Secret Santa decorated it very nicely. Can you tell I'm working it for all it's worth LOL.

Did you sniff it?