Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

Dedemac 11-17-2014 04:28 PM

Question for the group in the hole, I received something in the mail that was addressed to me that I did not order. :eek:It's a quilt magazine :)I think it is part of my SS box since I have never had a subscription to any quilting magazines.:D Is it permitted to read it:thumbup: or do I have to wait until Dec 7th???:( I really want to look thru it.

Chester the bunny 11-17-2014 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Dedemac (Post 6973344)
Question for the group in the hole, I received something in the mail that was addressed to me that I did not order. :eek:It's a quilt magazine :)I think it is part of my SS box since I have never had a subscription to any quilting magazines.:D Is it permitted to read it:thumbup: or do I have to wait until Dec 7th???:( I really want to look thru it.

Oh......that's a hard one..........I say you can look, but you can't start any projects out of it. You can dream about the project, maybe even go shopping for the fabric, but that's it.

Cindy60545 11-17-2014 04:55 PM

Well, the post office gal left me packages today, but none are marked SS. I know one is the ornament swap & the other 2 are from a friend in Florida. But, with all the packages that were sent out at deadline, it should be arriving any day. Cuts down on the temptations! I may shake, rattle & roll it, but I won't cheat & open early. Bur it's going to be quite a weekend that 1st weekend in Dec.! 3 days of openings!! OOOH! I can't wait!!

btiny36 11-17-2014 05:00 PM

Whoo Hoo came home from shopping and my partner come running around the corner and said lookey lookey here, a package came today....and he wouldn't even let me shake it.....so I waited until he was out of eye sight and quickly gave the box a shake or two, hum no noise, just the sound of paper......my partner is keeping an eye on the package so I'm not tempted to open it.......

roseirish48 11-17-2014 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Dedemac (Post 6973344)

I agree with Chester the Bunny--read, drool, buy the fabric but no actual sewing on any project til after opening day.
i come home today to find 2 packages on my porch--yippee! Grinch didnt get them. One was marked secret santa--nice, heavy, no jingles just noise of things shifting around.---put away til opening day.. other package is from one of he ornament swap people--it also got put into bedroom for opening day --which is one day ahead of this one.

PenniF 11-17-2014 05:17 PM

Tricia....count me in on your make a gift monthly idea....as i said, i'm having surgery on my thumb in January and will be in a cast for a while, then therapy....so i don't know what i will be capable of....but like you i can't just sit and do nothing !!! Do you want PMs to get on a contact list??

Caroline --- those are some BEAUTIFUL squares....Whatever you decide to make will be so pretty.

HEY TERRI.....What does it cost ..(ie: what's the minimum bribe amount) to get on your gift list????:p Seriously...those are great.

COME ON LADIES.....MOST EVERYONE IS GETTING OR HAS RECEIVED THEIR SS PACKAGE...So why not go look for that great recipe to share to take your mind off waiting for opening day.

Anoka Quilter 11-17-2014 05:53 PM

Got my SS package today so if your initials are DM and you are in Burnsville MN rest assured it arrived safely. It is a really big box, heavy, and it does jingle if you listen closely. Hubby said he is going to hide it from me so I am not tempted.

cuppy 11-17-2014 06:01 PM

I received my secret Santa package It is heavy , can hardly wait until opening day. My secret pal received hers from me. Secret pal has a return address Metter, Georgia!!

Rennie 11-17-2014 06:24 PM

Still fussing every time the postman passes my house without stopping to deliver anything. But surely this week.... My SS received hers several weeks ago - according to tracker the bloodhound.

crafty grammie 11-17-2014 06:42 PM

Got two packages today on my porch---one from my November secret pal-and my SS box. I really wanted to open them both-it has been a rough 10 days and we had snow,sleet & rain today-16 tonight